Stomphyx Scheduled - Input Needed

Nannette
on 8/28/07 1:14 am - Toms River, NJ
OK - I saw Dr Garber for the intiial consult two weeks ago, and had the endoscopy to measure my pouch and stoma last Thursday.  Although I haven't yet been given exact measurements, etc., I was told that my pouch (4 years post op from RNY) is a reasonable size - not too stretched at all, but that my stoma is very large which is the reason I can eat so much and always feel hungry -- I hardly ever get a feeling of restrictiion. Additionally, the Dr that did the endoscopy said they found two nodules in my pouch, and that he did a biopsy while he was in there.  I won't have the results of the biopsy until late this week. In the meantme, I have scheduled the Stomphyx procedure for October 23 which was Dr Garber's first opening! For those that have had the procedure already, what kind of results have you had and over what time.  I hope to lose 40-50 pounds.  Is this doable within a reasonable amount of time? Thanks for your input. Hugs, Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

stacy B.
on 9/2/07 12:17 am - Wantagh, NY
I had the procedure by Dr. Garber and alreay lost 18 pounds in a little over a month.  So far it is working awesome.  Dr . Garber was amazing.  You are in very good hands.  Keep in touch and good luck.
Nannette
on 9/4/07 3:38 am - Toms River, NJ
Thanks for the support.  How long did you stay on the liquid/puree food diet?  Do you still feel restriction when switching over to solid food?  Please keep me posted on your progress.  I am very interested.  Thank you again.

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

stacy B.
on 9/4/07 11:40 am - Wantagh, NY
I was on a stage 2 diet for 3 weeks.  Yes I feel full very quickly after eating solid foods and stay satisified for a long time after eating. So far it is working amazing.
Most Active