revision to GAIN weight?

slconley
on 8/27/07 1:39 am - sapulpa, OK
Ok, just a question, and PLEASE don't yell at me... I had RNY 2/16/04 with a starting wt of 242; last wk I was down to 95, but am back up to 103 today (I tend to not eat during extreme stress, just separated from husband...enuf said!! ) I am 5'5" or 6" so I am REALLY bony; I have size 0's that hang on me, and have been getting girl's sizes to fit at all.  I do not want to be this thin.  I know I do not look good.  Does anyone have any answers to a possible solution??  I had surgery done by dr gorospe in tulsa; and he places a "ring" at the stoma to prevent stretching of the pouch.   I don't have insurance right now, and in addition to the extreme wt loss, I also have a herniated *actually 3* disc in my neck/back; ADD, depression/anxiety, and I think I may have RA (my sister has it, and I have ALL the same syx she had before being dx'd with it.) So, needless to say, I'm a pretty sad excuse for a person right now!! LOL  I am on chronic pain meds due to the spine problem, since I can't afford to have the surgery to correct it and have no insurance; does anyone know any good disability lawyers in Tulsa area that MIGHT be willing to help probono??  Did I mention that I am also unemployed and since my hubby and I are no more, I have NO income?? Do you see WHY I have issues with depression/anxiety?? I am trying to keep my outlook positive,and am really open to suggestions, just please, NO FLAMES.  I really, truly am in a fragile state right now, even though I seem to be joking about things, that is how I "cope" with things.   If I am rambling, please forgive, and if I seem whiny, I am sorry.  Just alot of "stuff" going on right now.  Thanks to anyone who is willing to give me some positive input. Sherri
KathieInHawaii
on 9/3/07 10:32 am - Ewa Beach, HI
Aloha Sheri,  ((((HUGS)))) I know exactly what you are going through. I went from 323 to 87. I am currently facing having a complete reversal surgery. My doctors have changed my entire treatment plan and the good news is that since June 28th (when they revised my medications, supplements, etc.), I have actually had some significant improvements. I am still struggling to gain weight (at 91 today..was 92 yesterday). BUT the good news is that the treatment protocol is working.  If I get to 85 or below, they will hospitalize me and will most likely do the reversal surgery. If I can maintain my weight between 90 and 100 for 3 months, they said they may recommend having a reversal surgery do decrease the 110 cm intestine I have bypassed and to enlarge my pouch.  Please feel free to read my profile and contact me if you want to talk in private. There ARE those of us who go to the extreme of losing too much....and it is devastating. BUT the good news is that once they realize what the problems are....they can fix you! Maybe some of my treatment options can be shared with your doctors if they have no idea what to do with you. Until my doctors started to work TOGETHER they treated each symptom and problem separately. NOW they work together.  You are in my prayers and know I am here for you! Hugs,  Kathie in Hawaii

slconley
on 9/4/07 3:58 pm - sapulpa, OK
Thank you for your positive outlook!! It is really, really hard when others read my "so-called problem" as some have so "kindly" termed it, and tell me I am 'lucky'.   They SO would not think it was lucky if they felt as bad as I do...EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE.   Can you give me any hints as to what nutrition protocol you are following?  Like I said, No insurance, no money...and no hope at the moment.  I really shouldn't say NO HOPE, because I DO have a second interview for a job tomorrow, and my husband and I are really working on things...he even went to church with me Sunday morning.....(THAT truly is a miracle!   )  Anyway...any help you can give is really welcome, and thank you for your reply.  I am going to check out your profile when I finish this.   Thanks again, and have a blessed day!! Sherri
hayley_hayley
on 9/4/07 11:47 am
well it looks like u are able to put a little weight back on. I would eat more carbs and try that. I have seen people talking about weight regain after 5-10 years. If you could put on a little weight so that u still feel healthy, maybe you wont need a revision. *shrugs* or maybe you will... good luck

Minus 202 pounds; Height=5'10.5; Plastic Surgery = arms; Pant: 24 to 4/6; Top 3x to sm/med, I My DS! .

~~Sami~~ *.
on 9/7/07 2:29 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Sherri: {{{BIG HUG}}}} It does happen.  I know some DSers mention going on enzyme therapy when they lose too much.  You may also want to post in the new Nutrition forum, as they have some RDs there who are experienced with bariatric surgery nutrition.

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

jboogie4166
on 9/18/07 12:14 am
Sherri....I don't have any solutions for you but I just had to send a reply.....I so want to put my arms around you and give you a big ole hug and tell you it's going to be OK.....I'm sure you have heard that from a lot of people but when your going through what your going through I guess it seems like the world can be caving in on you at times....I had surgery in 2000 and I never reached my goal weight.....I was 376 and lost 171 but after being the size I and getting down to 200 I felt like Olive Oil....LOL  To make matters worse, I've begun to gain the weight back....So far I gained 40 lbs and I'm not liking myself much right now ....I wish I could give you some of it....:-)  IYou said you were able to get your husband to go to church with you so I know you know that God can work mircles....Give all your troubles to Him each and every day that he gives you breath sweetie and all will be OK....It's not going to happen right away, your going to go through hell and back probably before you see the light at the end of the tunnel but don't give up what ever you do because as bad as it may seem now your going to wake up one morning and life is going to be the sweetiest thing that you have ever tasted.... May God bless you and your husband, my prayers are with you.... Take care, Joyce
dancinjudge
on 9/18/07 5:42 am - Oregon City, OR
Hi Sherri, I am in the same boat as you and Kathie.  Only I had a mini gastric bypass.  I'm down to 99 lbs. and am a self-pay, so any revision I do will have to be totally paid by me.  And of course, I don't have an extra $17,000 lying around. You are under a tremendous amount of stress.  So am I with other issues as well as my health.  The stress from worrying about your health can take a tremendous toll.  I know for me, I am pulling back on everything, and just concentrating on finding a solution to my weight problem.  I've pulled back at work and I've asked for extra help from my kids at home.  Everyone knows I'm sick. You need to be good to yourself.  Don't forget positive affirmations, even with things seem bleak.  I know something I've been saying to myself is "I will maintain a healthy weight of 120 lbs." over and over.  I'm going to make my body believe that is where it should be.  I've suffered from depression and anxiety too. As a matter of fact, in addition to my anti-depressive meds, I also have a short term supply of Xanax for the anxiety, and that really helps.  Luckily too, Xanax is pretty cheap.  Maybe you could talk to your doc about that. I wish you luck in finding a good lawyer that will take your case free.  I hope you can find the medical support you need to get you through this.  In my case, my surgeon is being no help to me. But I have a good PCP who is being proactive and we have a plan to start some testing to see if there is any other thing that could be causing this severe weight loss and severe diarrhea.  Good luck to you, and I hope you feel better knowing you are not alone. Feel free to PM me anytime you need a shoulder or would like to talk.  Hugs to you!
~Kim~ , 202-start/125-goal/124-current
           MGB 11/15/06, Revision to Gastric Sleeve 11/30/07

Most Active