cost of stomaphyx

Connie
on 8/26/07 2:48 am - Conception Bay South, Canada

I am 2 years out of RNY, am doing great, buthaving trouble with the last 15lbs, and I feel like I am eating way too much. I did the cottage cheese test and manage to put in 10ounces. Ifeel that my stomach empties alot faster now and I can eat more frequently. I thought maybe I should have this procedure to help get to my goal and prevent weight gain, I have experienced a 4-5lb weight gain at any given time, but usually manage to get it back down. I am afraid if I don't get better control that the 5lbs will turn into 25lbs before I know it. Can anyone tell me what criteria is needed to have this procedure and how much does it cost.? Any info would help. Thanks

Connie

classite
on 8/26/07 3:26 pm - Battle Ground, WA
From what I have read on the Revision board the cost is anywhere from $7000-$10000.  I am not sure about the criteria but there is info on the procedure, etc on some of the other threads titled Stomaphyx.  Good luck!
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
Amyiable
on 8/26/07 10:40 pm
Hi, Connie.  If you got to http://www.endogastricsolutions.com/  you can get a list of surgeons who perform the StomaphyX. (with phone numbers)   Although the list is not complete.   There is a doctor in San Antonio that is least expensive.  I chose Dr. Overcash and paid $9,500.  Most doctors require that you have had WLS, and that you are above your goal weight... but I don't know how much.  I was 65 lbs above goal.  None of the surgeons were near me, so I had to travel.  I called all of them to find out cost and their program/procedures for the procedure.   Some of the offices are easier to deal with than others.   I was able to speak with Dr. Overcash by phone.  I sent an email to Dr. Schlesinger in AZ & he was quick to reply.  Both were willing to look at my operative notes (for original surgery) that I would fax to them.  Some doctors want a UGI prior to SP, but not all docs feel that this is necessary. I liked being able to connect with the doctor long distance, rather than only speaking with front desk staff. Good luck! Amy
Most Active