bad bad bad day...

tina01
on 8/21/07 5:47 am - Wilmington, DE

I'd been doing so well.. for a whole week and a half... Today, horrible, started with cake for breakfast (cause it was almost gone at home, and if I finished it, it would be gone, and I couldn't eat it anymore).  Big lunch, chips, reeses cups, and tastykakes.  I don't feel bad, but not all that great, but not bad enough to keep me from it.    Why Why Why do I do this?  My answer would be because I just want it..  poor excuse I know. PS.. this is the most honest, and visual (with putting it in words) that I've been with what I put in my mouth. I'm so disappointed in myself, and back to the ole "I just can't do it" :-( thx for letting me whine. Tina

classite
on 8/21/07 12:22 pm - Battle Ground, WA
Maybe being honest on here will help you to deal with your eating better??!!  I am not sure, just wanted to let you know you are not alone out there and I am wishing you the best.
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
faybay
on 8/21/07 7:01 pm - West Palm Beach, FL
I could'nt wait for the Morphine to end post op.  Just poored a bottle of Oxycodone down the drain.  I hate, hate, hate the way it makes me feel.  Does that make me superior to a drug addict.  Hell no.  My body and mind mind do not crave the stuff. Just the thought of what you ate makes me nauseaus.  Does that make me better than you.  Hell no, my body and mind do not crave the stuff.  Now, for me, I can't stop thinking about crunchy salty stuff.  Popcorn, pretzels, chips etc.  Does that make me lesser than someone who doesn't eat this stuff, hell no.  You may have an addiction problem, and there is no surgery for that. Mt love to you Tina and I congratulate you on your honesty.
emrettig
on 8/22/07 12:53 am
Tina, I don't remember if you have been back to your doctor.  I know how you feel.  After 4 years I am getting back to my old eating habits.  I think part of it is because I am drinking coffee and diet soda with my meals and not drinking my water.  Right now part of it is worry about the revision surgery, so it it "head hunger" not real hunger.  Take one day at a time, one hour at a time. And don't eat all theTastykakes.  You have to save some for me when I come home to Philadelphia in November for a family wedding    We can't get them  or decent soft pretzels here in Mobile, AL Keep the Faith, Eileen
tina01
on 8/22/07 1:59 am - Wilmington, DE

Hi Eileen,

You cracked me up with the Tastykake comment.  I'd totally forgotten this board is worldwide!

I am fighting this most of the time.  I just hope I have  more up days then down..So far, today  is good.

Take care,

Most Active