Stomaphyx

classite
on 8/13/07 1:47 pm - Battle Ground, WA
Does anyone know the qualifications for Stomaphyx surgery?  I am only 16 months out but have not lost a single pound since 6 months out and actually go up and down 3-5 pounds all the time.  I am wondering if the surgeons are making you be out so long prior to having this procedure.  Also, do you need any pre testing?   Thanks for any information you can provide.
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
Cathy W.
on 8/14/07 1:54 am, edited 8/14/07 1:54 am
I have heard in some posts that surgeons will perform the procedure on post-ops that are 1-2 years out.  From first hand knowledge though, I don't know.  I would suggest you call some of the surgeons' offices to see what their policy is. In an attempt to see if I had issues with my original RNY surgery, I had an endoscopy done.  When it confirmed what I already believed (that I had issues), I selected my surgeon and provided the endoscopy report to him so I already had that. A good place to start would be to contact surgeons to check on their pre-op protocol.  It may vary from surgeon to surgeon and on a patient by patient basis.  Cathy
smittygirl
on 8/14/07 1:55 am - Bridgeport, CT

Dr. Shawn Garber's criteria is only that you are post op 1 year and that you are gaining or have gained weight. He's in  New York though. Dr. Herron of Mt Sinai Hosp in New York requires that you did lose at least 50% of your body fat post op. Heck, if I lost that I wouldn't even be looking for the Stomaphyx.  

kitty101
on 8/14/07 4:36 am - Tempe, AZ
I went to see my plastic surgeon and they have someone out of his office that is doing the stomaphyz procedure.  They thought I would be eligible and I'm 2 1/2 years out.  He didn't mention any specific time frame, but they are concerned about steady weight.  Hope that helps.
mystic0619
on 8/14/07 7:48 am - Moran, KS
Do you know how much this procedure costs?
classite
on 8/14/07 7:58 am - Battle Ground, WA
From the posts that I have read here on this board, anywhere from $8000-$9500.
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
Stefanie Bailey RN
BSN RNFA ...

on 8/14/07 11:43 am - Bandera, TX
Dr. John Mason in Bryan, TX is performing this procedure.  Cost of procedure is $8800.
Most Active