First Revision Weight Loss

AnninTX
on 8/6/07 3:33 am - Dallas, TX
Guess what? I weighed at my surgeon's office this morning.  I was delighted.  I am down. 16.2 pounds since sugery last Monday. (356.6>>>>340.2).  I guess the walking, protein, and liquids really does help.  I just have 141.2 to go.  I am going to keep doing what works and focus on doing my best each day.  It really does feel like I have started over.  I am blessed and I am grateful.
 Ann in TX
Starting 423/Current 320/Goal 190             
Loss since 7/30/7 revision= 36 lbs released

Defeat is simply a signal to press onward.

Helen Keller 
Molly O.
on 8/7/07 6:00 am - Oakland, TN
CONGRATS!!!! Way to Go!!! I read your statement online in your profile and it really moved me. It takes a lot of courage to talk about revisions b/c so many people want to blame your or say your are a failure. I started posting about two years ago and was attacked by people saying things and it really scared me to post, but more and  more people like you are coming out and telling your story Again Congrats M
KathieInHawaii
on 8/7/07 5:55 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
Aloha Ann!!!! CONGRATS on your revision surgery!!!! How awesome is that!!?!?!?!?!??! I am proud of you. I have two friends who are facing revision surgery. Was the second surgery easier than the first? One friend is going from Lapband to DS and the other is having a RNY revision.  They are both terrified and don't come on this site often (though I highly recommend it!).  Any insight you can provide will definitely put my mind at ease as well as theirs. When I had my RNY there were very few revisions done. Now it seems almost routine. BUT talking with someone who has walked the walk definitely is a plus!! Again, congrats on your surgery and your success! That is amazing to have lost 16 pounds in a week! WOOOOHOOOO!!! Have a great day and keep us informed about your surgery!! HUGS! Kathie in Hawaii

Sorayal R.
on 8/16/07 5:17 am - Hampton, VA
I recently went to a bariatric surgeon for revision surgery and he stated that he needed to look at my upper gi film and he would call me back with his decision.  He stated that he could only do the revision if the pouch had spread in a certain area.  I was confused.  has anyone else had a similiar experience?
Most Active