stomaphyx

lbuegeler
on 8/10/07 12:29 am
Great news for everyone. My concern is, I don't want to spend all this money to only lose an additional 10-15 pounds. I want to lose at least 50 or so. If anyone can keep us posted on how much and how quickly you lose, that would be greatly appreciated. Lori
Janelle S.
on 8/27/07 4:40 am - Metairie, LA
How are you doing Patty? I am waiting to hear from Dr. Garber on Thursday to see if I am a candidate for StomaphyX. I have done as much research as I can and I will travel from New Orleans to New York to have the SP. I was concerned because my pouch is very small (it was over dilated when I had a stricture at 5months post-op). I am concerned that there won't be enough room in my pouch to do the SP. I am encouraged that your pouch was small also. Hopefully I will get the go-ahead to schedule my SP on Thursday.
patty528
on 8/27/07 5:41 am - toms river, NJ
So far I have lost 10 pounds I'm still on soft foods.Good luck Patty
azlorri
on 8/27/07 1:58 pm - AZ
For those in Arizona who have had the Stomaphyx with Dr Schlesinger....I have a few questions.  (I have an initial appointment on Wednesday and I'm all ready to go.)  :o)  Since I'm paying out of pocket, I won't have the 4 month wait it took with my original RNY in 2000.....but what pre-op visits and tests are required?  How long did you have to wait to get your surgery scheduled?  I get the impression that Dr Schlesinger does this procedure as an outpatient.  How long did the actual procedure take?  Are you completely knocked out or semi-awake?   How long did you recover before you were allowed to return home?  What kind of pain killers were necessary after the procedure?   (I'm trying to figure out how long I will have to be out of the office.)   Any restrictions on lifting?  (I have a 4 year old to consider.)   What other questions should I ask on Wednesday?  I'm SOOOOO ready for this.  I hate waiting since this seems to be exactly what I need.  I've gained back 30 pounds in the past 3 years.  (I was maintaining my weight for 3  years prior to my pregnancy....but during the pregnancy my doctor kept on encouraging me to eat more....and I still only managed to gain 11 pounds.   But, after I stopped nursing, the extra calories just started piling up again!)
Most Active