I am Approved!

Paula Chapman
on 8/2/07 12:23 am - Midvale, UT
I have lurked over here a lot!  I had a stomach staple in 1979.  Of course that surgery has been outdated for years.  So for all this year I have been trying to get a revision to DS.  As of Monday I am approved by my insurance!  My surgeon just needs to give me a day!  I just wanted to share this with you because I know it is easy to lose hope.  Don't!!!!  It can be done! Hugs Paula

darnell239
on 8/2/07 1:14 am - Columbia, SC
Paula, Congratulation!  Is there a reason you chose the DS over the RNY.
leslieanne729
on 8/2/07 3:33 am
Congradulations... Way To Go..I wish you all the best. I've just started my journey for a revision. When I see post like this it gives me hope. God Bless Leslie
RNY 2002 (regained everything)   Revised to DS 2007
5'8"  SW 246 - GW 150 - LW 143 - CW-148
Follow Your Dreams.... & Hold On To Them !!  

Angel to Karen W
Angel to MIssy
Paula Chapman
on 8/2/07 3:46 am - Midvale, UT
Thnk you Leslie!  I wish you much success on your journey also.  I just read your profile and I think that you are doing just right! Paula

Paula Chapman
on 8/2/07 3:40 am - Midvale, UT

The reason I chose the DS over RNY is because the ewl is higher with the DS  (80% for the DS, 60% for RNY)  Plus everything that I can read tells me I will have a greater chance of keeping the weight off. I also like the fact that my eating will be on more of a normal pattern. Thanks for asking!

KRWaters
on 8/4/07 12:59 am - Manteca, CA
Did I tell you "Way to go Paula" on the DS board? Well I am telling you again. See on the DS board real soon. I can't wait to be where you are with a DS surgery approved and scheduled.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active