advice about revision

darnell239
on 7/30/07 10:05 pm - Columbia, SC
I need some advice regarding having a revision.  I had mini-gastric bypass 7 years ago.  I did not lose all the weight I should and according to a doctor who does revisions (Dr. Overcash) this was not a good surgery to begin with.  He recommend that I have a revision to an open RNY.  I am a little leary about RNY because I have heard many people on this forum who have failed with this procedure.  I'm also weary about the procedure being open versus lap.  Does anyone know if there is a lot of post op problems with the RNY?  I would love to hear anyone input or advice they can offer regarding the RNY, open surgery, and about post-op problems.
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/07 6:10 am - TX

Lots of revisions are RNY'r's.  Come to the DS forum and learn all about the best surgery for loss and less chance of regain. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS

KRWaters
on 8/4/07 1:28 am - Manteca, CA
Dawn, did you see what my response was to someone who badmouthed the DS per their surgeon? Check it out at the DS forum. I hope I did us DSers proud. (from a soon to be DSer I hope).

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Kahiah1
on 7/31/07 2:51 pm - LivingHappy, AL
Be sure and go to the Duodenalswitch.com as well and read all the way back to the beginning posts for problems and com[plications and regain. Then check with the RNY sites as well. All surgeries have positives and negatives. No surgery is perfect, find the one that's right for you through research.
klkalteissen
on 8/3/07 4:13 am - Ringoes, NJ
Can an RNY be revised to a DS? kk
KRWaters
on 8/4/07 1:26 am - Manteca, CA
It certainly can be revised to a DS. That is what so many of us who had failed RnY are seeking as I am. Come to the DS forum. Yu will learn so much.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

klkalteissen
on 8/3/07 4:12 am - Ringoes, NJ
Revising to an RNY makes sense but why would it have to be open (unless that is still your surgeon's preference).  My revision was lap. kk
Most Active