Stomaphyx Results? Lap Band Results? Who's lost weight?

brittnei02
on 1/25/09 12:15 am
you had your stomaphyx 6 months ago. how are you doing? did you do this procedure as a revision or to loose the weight? If you did it as a revision what was the original surgery you had? R&Y, etc..?
I am having this surgery to correct the issue i am having with my original  R & Y .
I am nervous I will not loose weight. I want to hear about your experience. I cant seem to find much info online.
thanks
brittnei
newtonb4
on 3/12/09 12:34 pm
I am so happy to have read your experience. I am scheduled for the Stomaphyx on 4/16 and hearing/reading so much conflicting info. I am in NY and decided to go for it since my Insurance actually approved me for it which is a miracle. I agree with you when you say "what are people thinking" I know myself and am the type that will follow orders exactly, at least for a good while but the after initial phase worry about falling back into habits that made me gain about 25 or so lbs from my original RNY surgery in 2001. I so want to get this off and lose even more. Thanks again for encouraging me. Barbara
newtonb4
on 4/18/09 10:05 am
Hi,
I had the stomaphyx done on Thursday. I didn't have pain, only had sore throat for a few days and right after procedure, chest felt like there was pressure (they did an ekg and it was fine). It was gas. I was burping like crazy. LOL!

I did not realize that I was going to be prepped just like any other surgery and that I was having general anesthesia. ( I think I minimized it somewhat). I thought I was going to have same sedative they use when they do an endoscopy. The anesthesia made me loopy for a few days and I got a temperature of 100 but thank goodness it subsided and I feel physically fine now.

I can't say I feel quite like I did when I had the original surgery 9 years ago. At that time I had no appetite at all and could barely eat a few spoons of food. I do feel some constiction in the upper part of stomache, more near esophagus, as liquid first goes down. I have no idea how it would feel if I ate food.  I do feel sense of fullness pretty quickly but I am feeling hungry. I am sticking to the liquid diet, just having: Broth, Jello, ice pops and tea (warm and cool) and that's it., Is this what you were having? I have about 8 to 12 oz of liquid as a meal and drink it slowly for about 10 or 15 minutes. I was told to stop when I feel full but I do not feel full like when you eat food and feel the sensation more in my chest, not in my stomache. 

Can you tell me if this is how you worked it for those first few weeks and if you have any advice, please share. I am worried that because I feel hungry that the procedure did not work or will not once I start real food. Does it sound like I am doing the diet part correctly to you? Thanks for any help you can send my way. My email is [email protected]  Thanks, Barbara
eirene
on 4/24/09 7:41 am - Killingworth, CT
Now that it's been a while, would you mind telling how much weight you lost since the procedure? How has the follow-up been? Do you find it easy to maintain your weight loss?
StefRand
on 6/8/09 12:42 am, edited 6/8/09 12:42 am
Hello GinaBallerina---

I am researching the StomaphyX from here in Brussels, Belgium.  I am an American here with my husband who works for NATO.

Please, would you provide for my research,  your current results from your StomaphyX procedure and any other info you deem important.

I will be releasing my results the first of July 2009.
Thank you,
[email protected]
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/09 4:48 am - Richmond, IN
It's almost a year later - how are you doing now?   Any complications?   Weight regain?  How much did you lose? 

Thinking of having this. 
twyndoc
on 11/1/09 11:14 am - Coos Bay, OR
How are you doing now? I am going to have it done it two weeks? What were your results?
Thanks!
doradp_100
on 9/7/08 2:15 am

Hello- anybody have any info re doctors in New York? 
What is the insurance piece?  Do they pay?

lauriegrizzard
on 10/1/08 3:13 am - South Kortright, NY
hi anyone knows any dr's in ny please message me too .i feel i'd greatly benifit from stomaphyx i no longer feel full or have dumping  i'm an emotional eater so for me those are big pluses for me that no longer work i am almost 10 yrs post op and struggle with 30 lb weight loss and gain just greatful its no 100's
newtonb4
on 3/12/09 12:44 pm
Dr. Leitman at Beth Israel and Oxford Liberty plan approved me for this. barbara
Most Active