Revision Completed and now I'm Home!!!!

SunshineDeb722
on 7/28/07 12:11 pm - Houston, TX

Thanks!  I am getting better day by day!

I am sorry about the process, yes, it takes forever.  Don't give up, you will get your date soon.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  Let me know when you get a date and we will celebrate.

Deborah

SunshineDeb722
on 7/28/07 12:09 pm - Houston, TX
That is fantastic!  You should be very proud of yourself!  Thanks for being an inspiration to me!  Keep up the good work.  I have no doubt that you will be meeting your goal.  God Bless, Deborah
margiev
on 8/4/07 2:15 pm - Richton Park, IL
Hi, I had a RNY done in 2000 and I too have gained weight back.  I am interested in Revision surgery, but I don't have a clue about any of this.  What type did you have and what made you choose the type of Revision you had. Thanks Margiev
SunshineDeb722
on 8/5/07 3:34 am - Houston, TX
I started gaining weight and it would not stop so I started going to all the seminars and researching Dr's.  Research, research and lurking on all the boards to read the pros and cons of each surgery.  I personally chose Lap Band because it is adjustable until it works for you.  With other surgeries, it is a one size fits all.  Well, I know good and well that one size does not fit all when it comes to anything.  I also knew going into this surgery, it is a slower weight loss.  I believe, in the long run, it is better for your body and helps your body adjust to your personal weight set point.  I think when we loose weight too fast, our bodies say, "Hey stop.....I am starving !" ...and you naturally start eating as though you are starving....walah...the weight is back.   Please feel free to write me if I can help in any way.....whether it be listening, giving my opinion or helping to point you in the right direction to find more information. Good luck! Deborah
margiev
on 8/5/07 12:10 pm - Richton Park, IL

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for the encouragement.  It is so nice to find someone who understands what I am talking about, and what I feel about gaining weight!  I am at the enough stage, and although it is another surgery I know I must do something.  I have been reading the boards for a little bit and trying to learn as much from everyone's responses as I can.   I still am not familiar with moving around some of the boards yet, but I am sure I will get better.   I have a scheduled apt this weekend and I am trying to read as much as I can.  The approval process the first time went fast.   I think I had everything they figured an overweight person should have; sleep apnea, (spelling), joint pain, elevated blood pressure and I had been to nutri-systems and weigh****chers.  I don't know how it will go this time, but whatever revision I choose has to be better than this.   You mentioned that the Lap Band allows you to loose weight slowly, do you have to have it adjusted and if so is that another operation?  Since I had an open RNY, I guess the revision will need to be open too.  2years ago I had both an incisional hernia repaired and a tummy tuck done, at that time my weight was 182 lbs.  Now that I have gained an additional 20 lbs I wonder if that will be a problem for the revision surgery.   Well thanks for listen to me ramble, and I will keep you informed about my decisions, by the way any idea how to get your picture on the board.  I tried to download a picture but it was too large.

Margiev
BeverlyReynolds
on 8/19/07 2:29 pm - albert lea, MN
Hello.. I had the vbg done 2-2004 and have lost 200 lbs and only gained like 5-10lbs back, but I am having problems with my vbg band,it has to be dilated because the food wont go down. The last time I had it dilated, the dr told me no more. You have to do something different such as RuenY or revision? I am confused. I meet with my surgeon this week, I still have to lose 100 lbs. Tell me more please!
Beverly Reynolds
SunshineDeb722
on 8/20/07 1:13 pm - Houston, TX
Beverly, My doctor never found the band that was supposed to be implanted for my VBG when he did my revision.   He did my revision lapproscopically, not open!  My first operation (VBG) was open like yours.  So far, I am very pleased with my lapband revision.  I don't really have restriction yet because I have not gone in for a fill yet.  I have to make an appointment for the next couple of weeks to do so.   A revision is any surgery done to correct a previous surgery.  You have your choice of lap band, RNY, gastric sleeve, duedenal switch, etc.  There are several out there and I encourage you to do your research.  You need to choose the one that is best for you. Let me know if you need any more information.  Good luck!
Most Active