Revision Completed and now I'm Home!!!!

SunshineDeb722
on 7/25/07 6:53 am - Houston, TX
My surgery was to be at 1:00  p.m. on Monday and ended up being at 4:00 p.m.  I was in surgery until 7:00 p.m. and then they made me drink that nasty tasting stuff to make sure everything went down O.K.  I was not taken to my room until 11:30 p.m.  They kept me over night because it was a revision and he wanted to make sure everything was OK. The pain was minimal compared to my first surgery of VGB.  That I am very pleased.  Now, time will tell all. Thanks to all the well wishes and calming words.  That really meant a lot and continues to do so. Thanks again, Deborah
leslieanne729
on 7/25/07 10:43 pm
Congradulations! I hope to be where you are some day. I've just started to look into getting a revision. I had a RNY back in 2002 and have gained almost all of the weight back. Can you please tell me alittle about your story what type of revision? Insurance coverage? Things you had to do to get this revision? What type? Etc? I just want this so bad again..My days of being thin were short lived? Thanks Leslie
SunshineDeb722
on 7/26/07 12:40 am - Houston, TX
I feel your pain.  My days of being thin were short lived as well.  My revision was from a VGB to a lap band. When I had gained 60 lbs. back, I said "enough".  I jumped into a seminar and started the process.  My insurance is not the best - BCBS.  But, I had to do this so forward I went.  The first Dr. I spoke to was not the Dr I ended up with.  After deciding against him, I called and spoke with my insurance company.  I had a list of questions a mile long and they gave me a list of Dr's that were in network.  They were wonderful answering all my questions for me. I was able to get the revision approved because of my BMI and pain returning to my hip and knees and not being able to sleep.  I have no other health issues, blood pressure, diabetes, etc.   In order to get the revision, I had to:   1)  get pshy eval, 2)  nutrition eval,  3)  EDG (put a tube down my throat to check out the first surgery from the inside) 4)  Cardiology clearance - I have a heart murmur 5)  Echo - for my heart If you need more information, please feel free to contact me.  I will be very happy to help in any way possible.  Good Luck! God Bless,  Deborah
KRWaters
on 7/28/07 4:40 am - Manteca, CA
Hi Leslie, glad to see you posting here. Did you want a revision to a lapband or a DS? I thought it was DS.  If you do want the DS, you really have to post on that forum.  I heard that Dr. Michael Gagner might not be taking new patients someone said. Guess you will have to call his office and find out.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

leslieanne729
on 7/30/07 9:39 am
Hey Karen, Thanks for calling me you are a very generous person, I'm very thankful that I met you. I've been coming to the site every day trying to find out everything and every way possible to get this surgery. I had my upper GI done, they found no problems I guess that good. I go for the endescopy(spelling) on Aug 7. I called Insurance company requested their policies on coverage,Trying to figure out if I should pay $375 for nutri.eval .with my surgeon reccomendation or go throught Insurance company and just pay $10. My head says to go with doctor reccomendation but my pocketbook says go cheap. The old saying goes you get what you pay for. As you can see I like to make my life difficult. I also will be making a appointment with a head doc...wink...really..I just join weigh****chers monthly pass just encase they want a 6month diet. I called my two doctors who treated me for broken foot, knee surgery ,and arthritis and requested my reports. I don't think I have any other commorbilities. My husband says I snore alot could that be sleep apnea?****smile**Well I'll keep you up to date thanks for being there your a angel.  God Bless, Leslie P.S. I'm calling Dr Gagner tomarrow.......please say it's not so...
RNY 2002 (regained everything)   Revised to DS 2007
5'8"  SW 246 - GW 150 - LW 143 - CW-148
Follow Your Dreams.... & Hold On To Them !!  

Angel to Karen W
Angel to MIssy
KRWaters
on 7/30/07 12:27 pm - Manteca, CA
Hi Leslie,  just found out I have severe spinal stenosis in my lower back. I may need back surgery before the DS.  I am going to try and postpone the back surgery though and get the DS first to get some of the fat off this body of mine. If you snore, yes that very well could be sleep apnea. If you have it (go for a sleep study) that is another reason to have weight loss surgery.  Your surgeon whom you pick will probably have you go for a sleep study. Good luck with Dr. Gagner. Oh yes, there is a DR. Greenbaum in NJ who does DS surgery (not sure if he does or does not do revisions). Don't know his first name. Have you been back to the DS forum at all? They know all the docs,etc. Come back and post there.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

nikkibush
on 7/27/07 1:28 am - linthicum, MD
what is the typical weight loss for a revision, i am having one on thursday 8.4.07, i had my first one on 9.4.03 almost 4 years, had a baby after 2yrs and now i have 20 extra pounds on me and an ulcer my approval was done in 2 weeks,
SunshineDeb722
on 7/28/07 12:07 pm - Houston, TX
I could not tell you that.  Your doctor should be able to give you more information.  I plan to loose to my goal weight.  Time will tell.  Good luck! Deborah
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/07 10:45 am - Brampton, Canada
Congrats on your revision!  I had a VBG in /87 and went from 260 lbs. down to 113 lbs. for a few years.  Fast forward to /06 and weighed 251 lbs. and had revision on April 18th, /06 to Lapband and in 15 mths. have lost 106 lbs. and now weigh 144 lbs.  I plan on reaching my goal of 125 lbs. late September.
bradshaw0506
on 7/27/07 2:01 pm - Chicago, IL
Congrats Deborah!  I hope you are feeling well. I'm so jealous, I want a band so bad and this stinkin' process takes so long to get through.  Ugh! My RNY was done 4/99, it was like buying shoes...  Pick a place to shop(surgeon), pick a pair of shoes (pick a surgery), and then checkout (surgery day)...only come back if something is defective.  Back when my surgery was approved OVER THE PHONE!  I saw the surgeron and was on the table 7 days later! It's not so easy these days.
Most Active