Not Trying to Be a Whiner

eeyore35
on 7/22/07 7:06 am - Bridgeport, WV
Hello!  This is my first time posting to this board, but I thought maybe I could get some advice. I had lap RNY on May 23, 2007.  I had complications from the get go, but they were mainly pain related.  I was in the ER around June 17 with pain.  They gave me an IV, Vitamins and pain meds and sent me home. On June 27, 2007,I was admitted to the hospital for dehydration and possible malnutrition.  My surgen did an endoscopoy on June 28, 2007 and found a stricture the size of a pinhead.  He dialated it to 12, I believe.  6 days later, I was back in outpatient surgery having another dialation.  Then in another 4 days (last Monday), I was dialated again.  My surgeon dialated as far as he could without repturing it, but said he was pretty positive that this was the last time.  He told me, as well as my parents, that if there was a next time he would do a revision. There has only been about a week or so that I have really felt decent.  So here I am again, with the stricture feelings.  I didn't want to bother my surgeon on a Sunday again so I sent him an e-mail. Is there anyone out there that has any advice??  Been through this?? Thanks for listening!!!!

sandyfeets
on 7/22/07 9:50 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
From what I have read, seems that some people are more prone to strictures than others.
I have not had the problems you are having.
What kind of revision is your surgeon planning?
Perhaps you can cross post this on the main board to get more replies/suggestions.

classite
on 7/22/07 2:34 pm - Battle Ground, WA
I had to have my stricture dilated 3 times before it would stay.  Make sure that if you are on solid foods that you are chewing - chewing - chewing!!  I found that if I don't chew well enough that I get that stricture type feeling.  My surgeon told me at the time of my first stricture dilation that it might take as many as 3 times to fix it and it did.  Good luck to you, hope you are feeling better.
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
Most Active