Bandover RNY

levans
on 7/21/07 6:09 am - Fairfield, TX
Hello- I had my lapband placed over my RNY 7/5/07 in Mexico. I'm down 15# and am hopeful to make it to my goal of 140. Today I'm 168 and trying to keep from eating to much. Four of us had WLS 2 bands and 2 RNY. I was the only revision. He put the 9.75 band on with 1cc fill because my stoma was wide open. My husband had the RNY on 7/2/07 and is still in a US hospital with a leak, pneumonia and MRSA infection...our Dr. said he should make a full recovery in a few weeks. I just never thought about  (what if)  in looking for a WLS surgent in Mexico. I choose Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. The doctor has not even looked in on us since coming home. I feel like they just want your American money...
mainlymac1
on 7/21/07 2:16 pm - Markham Ontario, Canada
I had an rny in 2002 and lost 80 pounds but then gained 50 lbs back. The reason stated was that my pouch had expanded over time. On July 4th, I had a lapband inserted to control my pouch size and I hope this will allow me to lose again. It has been 18 days and I am down 22 lbs, mostly as a result of a liquid diet during the healing phase. I have been told that this is the best procedure for those that have had poor results from weight loss surgery. Pegards Phil
Most Active