Sclerotherapy recently?

I'm Happy
on 7/19/07 9:30 am - NC
I know there were a few people on this board who have had the sclerotherapy procedure done in recent months.  I was just wondering if I could get an update from any of you on how the weight loss is going since the procedure.  I am planning to talk to my surgeon about it when I see him next month but I would like to hear some good results from those who have already had it done.  Also, has anybodys insurance paid for it?  Thanks!!
sandyfeets
on 7/20/07 8:52 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
I had mine done in early June, I've lost about another 5 Lbs since then. The bill JUST came in the other day from the hospital and it was $2300. My insurance covered all but $200. So that is an update for now. Currently I am battling a post-surgical infection from leg surgery so I haven't been here as much and I am sure my weight loss will be affected by the lack of activity and wacked out diet from hospital food and narcotic pain relief. I think in a month or two things will be back to normal and I'll have a better picture.

deeno
on 7/23/07 4:41 am - Kokomo, IN
I had my sclerotherapy on 5/25.  My weight goes up and down by the day...yeah, I shouldn't weigh myself everyday, but I do weigh often.  Anyhow, I have lost 10 pounds from my pre-surgery weight, and I'm very pleased.  I am certainly eating less, and I could stand to exercise more (isn't chasing an 18 month old exercise in some form??*wink*).  I DO feel restriction most of time, yet sometimes and can still eat a good bit....but not like before.  I am strugging with my food choices (I seem to be sharing toddler meals with my son --hot dogs, mac and cheese, ravioli, etc....not good adult choices, but they go down easy and don't take long to fix), and I am still hesitant with certain foods (raw fruits, raw veggies--not sure they will feel good in my stomach--soft fruits and cooked veggies are ok, though). I am hopeful that I will lose 10 more pounds and stay there, putting me at 195 with a BMI of 27.5.  I could live with that.  Wow....me, under 200 pounds.  Unreal. FYI--still wrestling with insurance, but it did pay for some so far. Deeno
Theresa W.
on 7/24/07 5:20 am - Northern Lower, MI
Had mine done on May 11th, and really had a lot of restriction for the first 3 weeks.  Was very adament to stay on track foodwise, etc. but had a bout with vomiting once and felt like I "stretched" or "hurt" it somehow.  After that, I really had no restriction again.  I think the wretching may have stretched it somehow.  I am going back in for another look/procedure if need be, on August 9th.  I know it's common to need the procedure more than once to make it stick.  So far I have not received any bills.  I think I had met my deductables, etc. because I had my hernia repaired in January.  Good luck to you on your journey!  Theresa 

hopetm
on 9/25/07 1:00 am - Belleville, IL
I had the procedure on 9/15 and it was billed as an  EGD and the sclerotherapy was done as an "aside".  I haven't gotten a bill thus far but I think it's still too early.   As it stands, I'm down about 17 pounds.  I couldn't be happier!!!  I just got "graduated" to soft foods so we'll see. Good Luck!  Be blessed Hope
Most Active