Home from Revision

TessaK
on 7/11/07 3:16 pm, edited 7/11/07 3:18 pm - Beverly Hills, CA

Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to let y'all know I am home, and doing really well.  I had surgery at 11am Monday morning (4 hrs. long...took out band and converted to gastric) ...My surgeon discharged me at 11am the following day....can you believe it???? I was there for 24 hours.  I am doing great, barely any pain...this was a total walk in the park compared to my lap band surgery!   I did EVERYTHING my Doc asked me to,..the .breathing excercises and walking.  I think this has helped me tremendouisly in my recovery! If anyone has any questions or concerns about a revision surgery please feel free to email me.  Off to sippy land! Best, Tessa

Sherry C.
on 7/11/07 7:46 pm - Plainview, TX
congrats on being home, Good luck, keep us posted, My husband and I have 14days and a wake up before his Lap RNY and my revision RNY. Sherry
                                   Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal              
        John   341/331/163/185            Sherry   345/338/201/165
        John 22 lbs below goal                   Sherry 47 lbs  till goal
 JOHN                                                               Sherry 122 inches lost

Donna M.
on 7/12/07 12:18 am - Cave Junction, OR
That's great Tessa.  So glad to hear all went well.  I go in tomorrow morning for my revision from an old silicone vertical gastroplasty to the RNY.  It will be done open and I was told I'd be in the hospital for 5-7 days.  I guess it depends on the surgeon's specialty.  I can't believe you were discharged that quickly.  Take care and keep us informed of your progress. Donna   

TessaK
on 7/12/07 1:16 am - Beverly Hills, CA
Thanks for the replies! Good Luck to all of you, and keep us updated! Tessa
~~Sami~~ *.
on 7/12/07 4:54 am - Jacksonville, FL
Congrats Tessa!! So glad it went so well for you and that you're healing well. :)  Let us know how life with an RNY compares to a Band once you feel up to it. :)

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

charleston-mom
on 7/12/07 11:43 am
I sure want to know too.  I am an old lap bander with a slip waiting for a revision myself!
queendeneen
on 7/16/07 5:52 am - LOUISVILLE, KY

Congratulations on your revision.  That's interesting because I just had the opposite revision from the RNY to the lap band.   That just goes to show that this weight loss surgery tool is no exact science and one may work better for some than another.  Good luck in your journey.  I'm looking forward to success with my new lap band.  Deneen 

What you believe, you can achieve!!

jass28
on 7/24/07 9:48 am - A Town, NJ
was it done lap or open?

339/318.6/125/155/165
SW/SW/LW/CW/GW      
Revision from Lapband to DS and Had healthy post-op baby, LOVE MY DS!

Most Active