Revision for Micropouch?

gavriella_rachel
on 7/11/07 5:07 am - Livonia, MI
Does anyone know about people having revisions done for the Sapala/Wood Micropouch? This is when the pouch is made only 1-3ccs from the hard grisly part of the esophagus/stomach with the procedure transected. I'm also 200 cm distal. I never made it to the 120 they wanted. I stopped at 140, before regaining to 160. I had this done 4 years ago and it was supposed to alleviate acid reflux, because there are only a couple of acid producing plugs remaining. I eat a very low fat diet, but the acid reflux I have now is awful. In 6 months, I've put on 20 pounds of the 140 I lost. I want to nip the weight gain in the bud, before it gets out of hand. Anyone know of any revisions w/ the Micropouch? Gav
Paula Prichard
on 7/14/07 2:43 am - Kingman, AZ
I had the Micropouch in 2002. I never got close to goal. I just had a revision to LapBand. My pouch was still small, but the stoma ripped open. Anyway, I haven't lost one damn pound since my revision 8 months ago. I am now looking for something else. I don't know how much of my intestine was removed though.

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
gavriella_rachel
on 7/15/07 9:31 am - Livonia, MI
Good luck in your search to find a solution. Did you have the option of scleratherapy in your area? I see you are now down in TX. I would have thought some Micropouchers would have responded with their experiences, since I see there have been 46 people reading this post.
Paula Prichard
on 7/15/07 10:40 am - Kingman, AZ
I did look into scleratherapy. I was told by the doctor that it would take several treatments to even work and that it was only going to last about 6 months. I was just told the other day by a surgeon that bypassers who have the band placed on their pouch should expect to only lose 1-2 pounds per MONTH. Holy crap that is slow. I am pregnant now, so I've lost about 10 pounds, but not from dieting- I just feel so crappy I can't eat! I was joking with my husband that if we had 8 more kids I would be a super model! LOL

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
Most Active