Question for Everyone

smittygirl
on 7/7/07 6:01 pm - Bridgeport, CT
Please reply. I need to know what are other requirements for revision eligibility? Yes, my BMI is 44 and I am 5'1". Yes, my asthma is acting up again but I am not 100 more than my original weight loss surgeons goal for me. Or does that matter because I am well over normal weight for my height. I started at 297 lbs before my original surgery then got down to a size 16w but able to wear some 14's. Now i'm back into 18w and pushing(away) a size 20. I don't think i'm depressed but I don't know why i'm so into food again. I looked darn good. I'm so angry with myself for this but sometimes I feel like I never had food and it tastes soooo good. I do have restriction though, as a matter of fact I had an upper G.I. done 2 weeks ago and my pouch is the perfect size. I think they're lying because I am gaining weight. I work for the State of CT. and have Blue Cross Ins. I am covered out of state but I don't even know what revision to have. Everyone is raving over so many different ones. I know i'm going on and on but what if all this isn't enough for revision because my stoma size is supposedly  "normal".                 Shana
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/07 6:32 am - TX

I have BCBS national PPO and my revision was covered.  BMI of 35 w/comorbids or 40 without is the standard.

I had staple line disruption and did not want another surgery that could fail, which is why I chose the DS.

Read my profile and come over to the DS board and see how happy people are with their DS.  Then read on the other boards about all their problems.  You'll find your way to which revision is right for you.

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/07 10:02 pm - Montclair, NJ
you might try seeing another doctor and discussing the matter with them. maybe doing some research on other surgeries like the lap band instead of a revision. since everything looks normal. you might even consider some help for eating disorders. it sounds like you haven't resolved your problems with food as comfort instead of nutrition. Yeah food tastes great, but emotional eating is what makes it difficult for us all. if that is a problem you have. when the weightloss stopped for me. i said, well it's my turn to kick it up a notch. i tried dieting and exercising again. it worked for a while. for a while. then it didn't. I also had an RNY. I know what it feels like to gain weight back. try talking with another doctor and do some research. you may even be able to resolve this on your own. Good luck
Most Active