stomachyx

Marguerite212
on 7/22/07 11:41 pm

Just curious as to how much the intestine should have been bypassed in the first place.  Did Dr. Overcash tell you how much was done originally and how much more he did?

Thanks.

laineer
on 8/9/07 8:28 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Margeuerite, I had stomaphyx and an rny revision on July 18 with Dr. Overcash. He said my pouch was too large and I can't remember the size but on the intestinal length my original surgeon made it 35 cm and it should always be at least 100 cm..so he converted it to 150...which is considered a distal rny. The pouch was not tall enough. He did the "plication" pleating of the folds with the clips but performed it while he was doing an open rny revision and the stomaphyx was not done with the endoscopy down my throat...hope that helps. I am pleased with the results. I have lost 15 pounds. If you want more information feel free to contact me. E
lori_roc
on 2/10/09 8:27 am
Hi, my name is Lori. I had a proximal RNYGB 8/2001. I am scheduled for a revision and stomaphyx with Dr Overcash in 2 weeks.  How are you doing since you had it done? Was it sucessful? Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
steffie02
on 7/6/07 11:52 am - Orlando, FL
I am going to see Dr. Overcash on Monday July 9th.  When I called the office to make an appointment HE answered the phone.  I was not expecting that.  I asked him if he did revisions and he said over 400 hundred of them.  I had a VBG in 2001 and I am back at my starting weight.  I am glad to hear that aetna is covering stomaphyx.  I hope they dont give me a hard time.
sopralto
on 7/12/07 7:47 am - WA
I called Dr Overcash's office and then filled out the online medical assessment form. He is supposed to call me soon. I chose Florida, even though I live in WA, because my sister lives there and I was planning a visit anyway. I called the company that makes Stomaphyx and they are in Redmond WA. They do their training in Ohio, though. I think this is exactly was I was waiting for. I had an RNY in 1992, lost 70 regained 80. Had revision to DS 10months ago but didn't have my gastric pouch made smaller and I think that was a mistake. I've lost 80 total but still have 50 more to go and have stalled for last 4 months. Will keep posting to let you know how this works. I am interested in the plastic ties they leave in the stomach and what they think will happen to them down the road.
Most Active