stomachyx

tinamp1
on 7/2/07 5:11 am - jacksonville, FL
I am going in the morning for my procedure. Dr overcash will be doing the procedure. He did a revision on my intestine in sept of 06. but due to the risk was not able to adjust stomach size. the new procedure will allow him to adjust the size of my stomach endoscopiclly with out the risk. His nurse had it done on 6/6 and has lost 9 lbs. I will let you know how it goes.
darnell239
on 7/2/07 10:07 am - Columbia, SC
Can you provide some contact info for this doctor.  Also, is your insurance paying for it?
tinamp1
on 7/5/07 4:29 am - jacksonville, FL
Post Date: 7/5/07 11:27 am Well i had the procedure on 7/3/07. It was very simple. today is 7/5/07. I am doing well. i dont fell hungery. The only pain i had was in my throat it felt like a severe soar throat. the kind that you hate to swallow. today i am much better. My doctor was great adn yes my insurance did pay. Because my insurance did pay i stayed in the hospital over night. I cant wait to see the results after about a month. I am trying not to get my hopes up. I had a revision in sept of 06 and did not lose any weight but at that time dr. overcash could not touch my stomach due to the risk. So then he bypassed the proper amount of intestine that should of been done the first time. My first dr did not bypass hardly any intestine. So i hope with the revision and the new procedure i will be able to lose more weight. at this point i will be glad to get back into my size 14's and stay. Keep in touch and how your procedure goes. the dr name is william todd overcash and he is great. and his staff is also. They are so great with the insurance company approvals. give him a call.
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/07 5:09 am
Dr. Overcash actually called me today. Yes, he, himself, picked up the phone and called me!! I'm in Ohio, but I'm willing to go to Floriday. He sounded very positive and I really liked talking with him!!! He seems very down to earth. Do you mind me asking what insurance you had? And what did you have to do before the surgery to get them to approve? I'm very anxious!!! I
tinamp1
on 7/5/07 8:21 am - jacksonville, FL
I have Aetna. I did not have to do any thing. Madeline his nurse sent the request for approval to the insurance. It took about 3 wks to get approval. but i think that was only because it was so new and the insurance did not even have billing code for it. His office his great. and the hospital that he uses is the best hospital i have ever been to. I live in jacksonville and he is in ocala. I think i already do feel the restriction. if you have any more questions feel free to ask. Hope every thing works for you.
lv2tvl2004
on 7/5/07 12:22 pm
I am so excited to read about this new procedure. I had my open gastro done by Dr Robert Liem in West Palm 4/2/02, I was 265 and lost down to 157. Now, sadly I am up to 187 and trying to get the weight off to no avail. How much was the surgery without insurance? I have Blue Cross. God, I would love to do this. I live in Orlando you can reach me at 407 484 3663.  Keep me up to date. Amy
Deman
on 7/8/07 7:35 am - Gainesville, FL
Tina hi how are you doing.  My wife is interrested in this new procedure. She is shceduled for info seminar on 7/16. Please let us know how you are. Have you started to lose wait? is the diet the same post op as with RNY?  Any info will be greatly appreatiated. Dex
tinamp1
on 7/8/07 7:50 am - jacksonville, FL
I have started to lose a little wait. I think it will take time. You are on liquids for 2 weeks.  I have follow up with Dr. Overcash on 2 wks from that date of the procedure. The procedure is not even having surgery. Let me know if you have any more questions. thanks tina
Cheryl J.
on 7/5/07 11:42 pm

Hi Jill, You do not have to go to Florida.  There is a Doctor performing the same procedure in Ohio. Here are list of states where the Stomaphyx procedure is being done. I dont want to add the contact info in case Obesity Help thinks I am advertising.  I'm afraid to give too much information. But email me if you want more.   The following states are performing the Stomaphyx procedure: Nevada, New York, Ohio, California, Virginia, Florida, and Texas. Send me a private message or email me at [email protected] Cheryl

Cheryl J.
on 7/11/07 8:17 pm
Hi Jill, Did you get the information for the Doctor in OH? I belive I sent you the info the other day. They are doing the StomaphyX at Ohio University Medical Center in Columbus.
Most Active