StomaphyX

Shelia N.
on 7/17/07 10:26 pm - Elkins, AR
Johnathan....how has the procedure gone for you?
stacy B.
on 7/1/07 4:40 pm - Wantagh, NY
NOt yet, I am going to have the procedure in a few weeks in NY by Dr. Garber.  Good luck and lets keep in touch.
Cheryl J.
on 7/6/07 12:04 am
Here are list of states where the Stomaphyx procedure is being done. I dont want to add the contact info in case Obesity Help thinks I am advertising.  I'm afraid to give too much information. But email me if you want more.   The following states are performing the Stomaphyx procedure: Nevada, New York, Ohio, California, Virginia, Florida, and Texas. Send me a private message or email me at [email protected] Cheryl
BeachPat
on 7/11/07 11:32 am
I have seen Dr. Overcash in Florida for a consultation for either a gastric bypass revision or a stomaphyx. I had read he was the only surgeon in the southeast that does the Stomaphyx procedure----listed above is Virginia. Who does the surgery in Virginia? (I would also like to talk with post-Stomaphyx patients.) Thanks, Pat in Virginia Beach
Amyiable
on 7/15/07 12:59 pm
 I'm haven't found anyone in Virginia who does the surgery.  I contacted Dr. Elariny & he didn't know anything about it, & didn't seem very interested to learn about it.   I've spoken with Dr. Overcash twice, but only over the phone.   I'm looking to reduce my pouch.  Dr. Overcash says this procedure seems to reduce hunger.  I asked him if this surgery could be done more than once.  He said it could be done over & over & over.  He said it was that safe.  My original surgery was 10 yrs ago.  I had a maximum bypass, but was given a very large pouch.  Dr. Overcash said he could reduce my pouch between 90-70%.  IT depends on how long my pouch is ...  apparently, the Stomaphyx tool is a fixed length, & can only go so deep.  If my pouch is 20 oz, then perhaps he can get it down to 6 oz. or smaller.  I'm really not a cadidate for further bypass as I've already been bypassed maximum 10 yrs ago.   Dr. Overcash looked at my operative notes & said 'Wow, they don't do anything like that nowadays."  I must say, it's REALLY nice to be able to talk with the Doctor!   They are going to submit for insurance, but I'm not going to hold my breath.  I hear insurance company are denying on basis of new & unproved surgery.  I hope to have it anyway.    I wish we could find more people who've had this done.   I called the Las Vegas office too.  They weren't as accomodating.  However, they are less expensive.  Also, Dr. Oh in WA is doing this fairly cheaply.
Cheryl J.
on 7/21/07 2:01 pm
Email me at [email protected]. I will give you the doctor that is doing it in Virginia.
Cheryl J.
on 7/22/07 4:24 am
Christopher Joe Northup, M.D. Department of General Surgery P.O. Box 800709 Charlottesville, VA 22908-0709 434-243-4811 Bruce D. Schirmer, M.D. Department of Surgery Division of General Surgery P.O. Box 800709 Charlottesville, VA 22908-0709 434-924-2104
Shelia N.
on 7/17/07 10:28 pm - Elkins, AR

How has the revision has been for you?  Are you glad you have done it?  How much weight have you lost?  How did you feel afterwards?  How is your eating now? 

Most Active