I AM BANDED!!!!

queendeneen
on 6/28/07 8:22 am - LOUISVILLE, KY
Hey everybody,  I had my revision yesterday from the RNY to the lap band!!  I was the first person Dr. Geller had ever done it on.  He had done other type revisions but not mine.  He had to cut away some scar tissue around my stomach from the previous surgery, and he used a bigger band, but he was able to do it laporoscopically and I am home the next day.  I AM SOOOOO HAPPPPYYYYYY!! I've been wanting this for a long time!!  He has me on liquids for two weeks, then soft foods for  more weeks.  I should lose quite a bit in the first month.  I am following his instructions to the letter. I'm not ready to "test the band."  We had to do a barium swallow to make sure it was working right and I saw the narrow opening the liquid had to go through.  No food is going through there right now.   I'm up and walking to prevent blood clots,  taking liquid ibuprofen for pain, and getting plenty of rest.   Thanks to everybody who prayed for me.  I felt you.   I'll keep my profile updated if you want to follow my journey.  Good luck to everybody else on this revision journey.   Peace and Blessings to all!!!!  Queen Deneen
What you believe, you can achieve!!

darnell239
on 6/29/07 7:58 am - Columbia, SC
Congratulations!  Did your insurance pay for the procedure?
queendeneen
on 7/3/07 1:53 am - LOUISVILLE, KY
My insurance stopped paying for WLS after 5 people at work had it, so I got on my husband's insurance which did cover it.  I was very borderline in qualifying though because I wasn't 100 lbs overweight but I had some hypertension and sleep apnea and arthritis.  I had been seeing a weight loss Dr for 6 months and she documented everything , put me on blood pressure medicine,  had me take a sleep apnea test, the works.  With her help, it was approved.   I am 6 days out and doing fine!!  Since I'm only eating clear liquids and protein shakes, I"m losing quite a bit.  I am happy to have this 2nd chance and I will not take it for granted!!!
What you believe, you can achieve!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/07 4:33 pm - Montclair, NJ
I'm trying for a lap after an RNY. I would be my doctor's first. I also have had an revision. it's been 7 years and I've gained a lot of the weight back. I went to the consultation and haven't heard anything from him in 10 days. I don't know what to think. i'm glad you got your revision. it gives me hope. : ) Congrats!!!
Most Active