Revision surgery, help?

shirlsquirl
on 6/28/07 4:36 am - Glendale, CA
Hello there, I am almost 1 year post-op and am not happy with my weight loss results that Dr. Quilici did I have only lost 71 pnds since my surgery of july 28th 2006. I think I might be considering a revision. I am doing everything they have told me to do and still not a lot of weight loss. I had lost 100 pnds before surgey so I am thinner but still think something is wrong with my surgery results. I eat right and excersise 4 times a week at a total of 10 miles. My calorie intake in 800-900 calories I see him next month to discuss it so we shall see. Anybody else have a similar situation please help? Thanks Shirley
Wanda W.
on 6/28/07 2:49 pm - Scandinavia, WI
    Ask your Doc to do  an x-ray of the stomach to see if you have a GASTROGASTRIC FISTULA maybe something has opened up or expanded on you and you don't know it. Tell him you would like this test done to see if every thing is still in tact and working the way it should be. Sometimes the surgeons don't always transect the stomach. I was lead to beleave that mine was transected and it was not I lost about 80 pounds and that was it then eventually my weight crepted right back on. I went to three different doctors before someone found the problem. They can not tell by doing an upper endoscopy  this test that I'm talking about is where you swallow barrium. I have NO resrtiction at all anymore. I'm not sure about your whole case but this sounds like how my first year went. if your not happy with this doc then go to someone else for the test to find out. I had my RNY in 1999 and I am in a terriable position now keep an eye on your weight every day the description of the exam I had is FLUORO STOMACH/UGI  good luck with everything ..ww
Most Active