Has anyone had revision to a DS?

hopper116
on 6/28/07 6:03 am - Murphy, NC
Hi All,  I've posted on the DS forum, but will here as well. I had surgery 20 yrs ago, when I was 15.  I've had complications off and on for yrs, and I would like to have revision surgery.  My husband just had the DS done this past Tuesday.  I have spent months w/ him, helping him prepare for his new life, been through classes, etc. and I really feel like the DS would be best for me.  The trouble is, I can't find a surgeon that does the DS as part of revisional surgery.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Are their doctors that do revision surgery using the DS procedure? I would appreciate any pointers in finding a doctor! Thanks,  Stephanie
KRWaters
on 6/29/07 4:37 am - Manteca, CA
I asked you this on the DS board, but who did  your husband have do his?. I did see a few docs in NC who do the DS. Check out the "find a bariatric surgeon" on the home page of the forums, left side.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Sherri O.
on 6/30/07 4:22 pm - Jonesborough, TN
Stephanie, It is going to highly depend on what type of surgery you originally had. If you've had an RNY.. revising to a DS can be tricky and will be hard to find one that does it.. If you are still having problems finding someone.. email me directly and we'll chat.

====================
Sherri Carver  
ObesityHelp Staff - On staff and working for you since 2000
---------------------------------------
"Failing to achieve a goal does not mean you are a failure. You are only a failure if you quit trying to achieve." - SC
--------------------------------------

Most Active