Gastroplasty to RNY Anyone??

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/07 6:19 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Hi Friends, I had a gastroplasty over 11 years ago (the stomach stapling) with the ring.  I lost weight at first and then got so I couldn't get good food down, only sugar and chips that would dissolve so I gained some weight back.  I just had it removed and got the RNY but this is so different that I am not sure how to deal with it. With the gastroplasty, if I ate to fast or to much, I would throw up.  This RNY I can't tell when I have eaten too much and one day I felt I had eaten too much and tried to make myself throw up to relieve the discomfort and couldn't throw up.   Has anyone experienced this? Hugs, Esther
hotwheel-queen
on 6/20/07 8:51 am
hI, i HAVE TO TELL MYSELF TO STOP EATING AFTER I EAT THE 4-6 OUNCES, I FEEL I CAN KEEP EATING, SO I HAVE TO MAKE MYSELF STOP OR I EAT AND EAT THEN FEEL VERY SICK AND TIRED AFTER USALY  ABOUT 1/2 HR. MEASURE YOUR FOOD, PUTING IT ON A LITTLE PLATE HELPS AND EAT SLOW, MY DR SAYS ONE BITE EVERY 5 MIN, AND NO DRINKING WITH THE FOOD FOR 1/2HR AFTER EATING, i ALSO TRIED TO THROW UP ONCE AND FELT MY POUCH WAS SORE, THE DR SAID NEVER, FORCE IT OR TRY, YOU CAN RUIN THE POUCH OR RUPTURE YOUR STICHES, THIS IS THE INFO I WAS GIVEN AND I KNOW EVERY DR. IS DIFFERENT SO YOU MAY WANT TO CALL YOURS AND AS THIS QUESTION TO THEM.   **ALSO I AM NOW ON A TIME OUT PLAN TO LOSE THE WEIGHT I GAINED 20LBS IN 4+ YRS SO I AM AND WILL BE FOLLOWING ALL THE RULES I SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING SINCE 1ST DAY. GOOD LUCK AND YOU WILL START TO KNOW YOUR POUCH AND LIMITS,  
Most Active