Dr. Barry Fisher is retiring this month-no new patients!

Cheryl J.
on 6/12/07 6:30 am, edited 6/12/07 6:31 am
Hello WLS family, I called Dr. Barry Fisher's office yesterday inquiring about the Stomaphyx procedure. The girl who answered the phone said he is retiring at the end of this month, and he is not taking on any new patients.  She said another doctor in the office will be doing the procedure, but she didnt sound too sure. Ugh, I was looking forward to speaking with him, oh well. Cheryl
darnell239
on 6/12/07 9:34 am - Columbia, SC
Thanks for letting us know.  Hopefully, there will be other doctors who will perform this procedure in the near future.
KRWaters
on 6/13/07 8:31 am - Manteca, CA
Oh no, sorry to hear that. I have pretty much decided to just go with the complete revision to a DS.  I am searching docs now.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

shawngarber
on 6/27/07 1:41 pm
Dr. Shawn Garber in NY performs the Stomaphyx procedure.  He is the first surgeon in the Northeast to perform the procedure and one of only five surgeons trained to perform the procedure.  You can reach him at 516-616-5500 or email [email protected]
Most Active