Do I need to convice my DR I want a revision?

star dust
on 6/9/07 11:33 am - Cumberland, RI
Adjustable Gastric Band on 06/01/16
I have an appointment to see my Dr on Monday.  Am I going to have to hard sell her that I want/need a revision?  I've gained about 30lbs since October of last year when my band was unfilled due to medical issues.  I'm pretty much back at my starting weight since I got my band and I need a break and want a revision but I'm not sure if she's going to tell me to suck it up and make the band work.  I feel like I've wasted two years and in all honesty don't have the dicipline I thought I had to make it work.
KRWaters
on 6/9/07 1:14 pm - Manteca, CA

I also gained 30 pounds since November and my dr. recommended  a lapband cuz my diabetes also has returned (which the doc doesn't even know yet, but the PA does). I have back/sciatic problems with pain in my legs.  The PA said I have a case for a revision, but am looking into the DS,not the lapband. Those DS'ers say they wouldn't have it any other way than the DS and the weight stays off better even with eating more food, including fat.  It is more risky though. Check out the DS forum.

Karen

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active