HELP!! NEED ENCOURAGEMENT!

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/07 9:26 am - Waldorf, MD

Hello everyone.       I had WLS on 2/2/05. Initially I was very successful and lost 110 lbs. For the last year I have struggled tremendously, and have gone up about 30 lbs. I visited my original WLS two weeks ago to talk about a revision. He sent me for a endoscopy with  a doc who works with patient's who have had WLS, to check out my pouch and it's size. I had the endo today. The doc. said that my stoma is fine and that my pouch is not overly large. He noted I have a huge ulcer and polop in the pouch. He perscribed meds for the ulcer and need to redo the endo in about 4-6 weeks.       When I left the center, I burst into tears. I felt like he was telling me I'm not a candidate for a revision. I was so hopeful. I know several others who have had the surgery and eat similar to me. They have reached their goal. I've not. I  am soooo depressed today.  Feeling that their is no hope.       Is it possible that the [ouch may appear normal size or slightly larger whn not in use, but stretch out to much larger when in use. ie: empty stomach vs. full stomach.       I could really use some hope. I have a lot of other stress in my life. With my visit today, I think this is the most depressed I've ever felt.  THANK YOU EVERYONE *****ADS T\THIS.

debrat262
on 6/4/07 3:13 am - Los Angeles, CA
Mai, I'm sure the doctor just wants to fix your ulcer first before he discusses any revision options with you.  Don't give up hope.  I know 4 to 6 weeks is a long time to wait.  You can either gut it out, or go to a different doctor who is more receptive. Have you thought about what type of revision you'd like?  It's always better to go to the doctor armed with a fully thought out plan. Good Luck, Debra

Lapband 5/21/04; Eroded Band Removed 11/18/06; VSG 1/06/07

Most Active