Info on new endoscopy revision

R C
on 5/28/07 2:46 pm - IA

Where do you find information on how to find a physician that performs this new procedure and what qualifies you for this and if insurance will cover it??  Any one had it done yet??   Kourtney

KRWaters
on 5/29/07 2:24 am - Manteca, CA
Are you talking about the "scleratherapy" procedure where the stoma is shrunk so less food gets in? Or the "stomaphyx" which is really so brand new only coming out in June? I am lookiing into having a procedure done to shrink my stoma. I have asked my physician's PA to check it out for me and see if we can get my surgeon to perform it or have asked to be referred to someone who does.  I have heard about several doctors, one in SF, one in LV, or in Chicago perform these, but I hope to stay closer to home in Northern California, but if I have to I will travel to San Francisco.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

R C
on 5/29/07 3:16 am - IA
I am researching the Stomaphyx.  I have contacted Dr Alverdy in Chicago, but would like to find someone closer to Iowa
darnell239
on 5/30/07 12:23 am - Columbia, SC
Can you provide me with Dr. Alverdy contact information in Chicago?  Also, do you know how much the procedure is?  Thanks.
tonilynm
on 5/30/07 12:45 am
I have an appointment with Dr. Fisher in Las Vegas on June 5th.  I'm not sure what the qualifications are, but I am taking mu upper GI x-rays with me.  If you want Dr. Fisher's address and phone number, let me know.  I will let you know what I find out on June 6th. toni
classite
on 8/9/07 4:18 pm - Battle Ground, WA
How did your consult go with Dr. Fisher?  Do you have a date?  What are the qualifications and how much is he charging?
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/07 3:04 pm - TX
You might want to try Dr. Gary Anthone in Omaha.  He's a fabulous surgeon.
FlowerDogsMom
on 7/29/07 5:48 am - Beloit, WI
I was at Dr. Alverdy's office this week - they are NOT moving forward with the endoscopic procedure until next year sometime.
Amyiable
on 7/30/07 7:40 pm
I've talked with the Bariatric Departments at Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Virginia State Hospital about starting StomaphyX.  Both of them will be start performing those sometime in the fall ... my read was end of year.  They aren't in any hurry.  Hopkins said they still need to be trained to do the procedure & to get orgainized. Amy
Most Active