Psychologist in way of approved revision surgery

AnninTX
on 5/21/07 2:18 pm - Dallas, TX

I had my consultation with the team (surgeon, nutritionist,psychologist, insurance, office staff) for wls revision.  I like the surgeon a lot and the nutritionist is wonderful.  I scheduled a one-on-one appointment with her.  My surgery is scheduled for July 23.  My insurance has approved the surgery at 100%.  I HAVE TO go see the pyschologist on Wednesday.  To hear her tell it today, I will have to explain all the ways I failed at losing weight after my rny.  She is very young with a high and mighty attitude.  I hope I can force myself to get past that and be honest with someone I don't like or respect.  She has the power to keep me from having surgery.  She is going to "let me" pay her $300 and won't use my insurance even though I have great coverage. If following the program religiously for more than two and a half years and losing 150lbs is a failure, I guess I am.  I went for that period of time without ever having sugar/flour/potatoes/rice/soda, exercising five days a week, attending support group meetings every other week.  From the very beginning I lost weight extremely slowly.  As I got closer to my third anniversary after rny, I got very discouraged and it felt hopeless as if I was doomed to be fat.  I lost my motivation to exercise and started having foods that were not good for me.  I am ready to get with the program and work toward losing all that need to.  I am not sure how to explain all that in such a way that the psychologist won't stop me from having surgery. Ann 423/270/350/190

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/07 6:46 am - Waldorf, MD
I am two years out and have worked hard from day 1. I have not met my goal by 40-60 lbs. I was the work out queen. When I realized that I was not going to make my goal I became very sad. I have an appointment with my surgeon on June 5th to discuss my situation. I hear you and I feel also. Ruby
317PATRICIA
on 5/30/07 3:12 pm
THANKS. GOOD LUCK TO YOU. WE BOTH KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING THIS IS.
Most Active