RNY to Lap band

Beachbumm
on 5/11/07 6:38 am - Someplace, LA
Hi everyone! I had a RNY bypass in 2002.  At the time of my surgery, I was  249 (highest weight).  I got down to 119.  Now I am 170 more or less depending on when I weigh myself.  I am just realizing that it is possible for me to have another surgery.  First  let me say, a had a lot of complications after the first surgery, which makes me nervous to have another one, but how common is it for people to have a lap band put in after RNY?  I am in Louisiana and so i am not sure of who would do it.  I don't want to go back to my surgeon from the first surgery. Thanks Lorri
KRWaters
on 5/12/07 2:14 am - Manteca, CA
Hi, I just answered someone else on this. Yes, my doctor proposed a lapband after an RNY 2 years ago. I am considering it, but have to do the 6 month diet thing and get approved and possibly have $4,000 to pay out of pocket (which not sure I will have unless boyfriend pays). I see a lot of people have ing lapband after RNY. Sounds fairly common to me. Karen
Beachbumm
on 5/13/07 6:25 am - Someplace, LA
Karen Thanks for the help. I hope you will get approved and not have to pay anything out of pocket......I think it some insurance companies will pay for it if you are having trouble with weight loss.   As for what I will do, still not sure.  Good luck to you and you picture with the hat is too cute!  Lorri
FlowerDogsMom
on 5/14/07 8:15 am - Beloit, WI
Hi there... I was given this as an option for my failed gastric bypass. But, I was told that if I choose this, there is a 50/50 chance of long term success vs. going through the same process again within 2 years. My prospective surgeon for revision is at Univ of Chicago. He is the one who told me this. Depending on your attitude, you would see the positive 50 percent, or the negative 50 percent. Good luck!
Beachbumm
on 5/14/07 10:18 pm - Someplace, LA

Thanks, good luck to you too!

mish
on 5/16/07 12:44 pm - Baltimore, MD
I had RNY i***** and regained some weight back.  I had lap band done in 1/06.  I had to self-pay because I was not big enough for insurance to pay (I was 5'3 178 lbs). I am now at goal at 123 pounds, size 6, and feeling great. I really don't think 50% statistic is not accurate... I have never heard of that before. 

Mish

4/94:  RNY start weight:   258 lbs.                              
 1/06:  Lap band start weight:  189 lbs. 
  6/07:  122 lbs. size 6
Cheryl J.
on 5/19/07 3:12 pm
Where did you get your lap band done? And how much did it cost? I had a RNY in 2001, and I am regaining, but Im not big enough for my insurance to cover. Please HELP!!!  Thanks for your post by the way.  You gave me hope that I have a 2nd chance!
darnell239
on 11/3/07 6:52 am - Columbia, SC
Hi Mish, Do you still participate in the obesity help forum?  I have read your profile and have questions about your experience.
Most Active