2nd TIME AROUND

queendeneen
on 5/10/07 6:51 am - LOUISVILLE, KY

You don't know how good it feels to find others going through the same thing as me.  Like many of you, I have regained 40 lbs after loosing 130 from having the RNY in June 2002.  I am terrified of gaining the weight back.  I thought having the surgery the first time would solve this struggle once and for all.  I WAS WRONG!!!!   I slowly returned to my old eating habits.  Using food to cope, so my pouch is stretched from 6 cc (which was too big in the beginning) to 10 cc.  My insurance stopped paying for WLS so I got on my Hubby's insurance in order to try for the revision.  Well, I'm happy to say, I went through all the motions like it was my first time, and it was approved!!!!! My  surgery date is tentatively JUne 20 and I'm getting the lap band this time.   I'm treating this like it's my first time.  Getting back to basics, protein, vitamins, water, exercise.  One thing I'm doing differently to insure my success is seeing a psychologist.  Going from eating like we do, to hardly eating at all is a big change for us ""overeaters" and the feelings and depression that arise need to be dealt with.  I'm really excited at the possibility of finally being at a normal BMI.   I WILL MAKE IT THIS TIME!!!! Good luck to everyone else on this forum looking to have a revision!!! Queen Deneen  330 / 200 / current 240 / 150 YAY!!!!!  

mikenfortmill
on 5/10/07 7:16 am - Fort Mill, SC
Congratulations.... I know things will go well for you!  I am looking into having the Lapband revision... as my surgeon suggested this a couple weeks ago.... my Stoma is twice as big as it should be and food falls right through... I agree.... a psycologist is a must... I have to see one as well, as part of the process... and I know I need to badly!!!  Keep us posted!!! Mike
KRWaters
on 5/12/07 2:10 am - Manteca, CA
My surgeon mentioned that he could do a lapband on me after my RNY in Apri of 05. I only lost 90 pounds with another 40 to go, but I stalled and then ended up gainining 30 pounds in 5 months. So I saw the dietician a week ago and she has me drink two protein shakes a day and one regular meal. I do all right with that, but do add a couple of low cal/low carb snacks. I started losing, but at 5 pounds down I stopped. My doc never scoped me or anything to check the stoma size. I have to do this diet for 6 months to apply for approval with my insurance. I still don't feel much restriction. I asked the office staff about scleratherapy to shrink the stoma, but they don't think my surgeon does it. I still haven't heard either way. I feel like I am drowning out here. I did start back on exercise, I couldn't for a while cause I put out my back and I drink all my water and take my vits. Karen
KRWaters
on 5/12/07 2:11 am - Manteca, CA
I wish you all the best and let us know how you do. Karen
BrownSugarDiva
on 6/24/07 11:43 pm - Lynn, MA
Hi, So how are you doing?  Did you have the Lap Band done on June 20th?
queendeneen
on 6/24/07 11:55 pm - LOUISVILLE, KY
Hey Brownsugardiva, I had it rescheduled for the 27th so this Wednesday is it!!  I am excited and anxious at the same time.  I've really been working on my head, mentally preparing myself for the eating changes to come. Since I've been through this before, I know how hard it is to overcome "head hunger."    I am so ready though.  I want to lose 80-90 lbs and get to a normal BMI and 150 lbs.   I know I can do it!!  Please keep me in your prayers for a safe surgery and recovery. Let me know your journey also.  Peace and Blessings Queen Deneen
What you believe, you can achieve!!

Mz.Mocha
on 6/28/07 2:48 am
Hi Ms. Queen How's everything going? How are you feeling? I'm looking into having the same thing done so please keep me posted. Mz. Mocha
queendeneen
on 7/16/07 4:52 am - LOUISVILLE, KY
Hey Mz Mocha, I'm back to work today and doing fine.  I posted my experience in my blog so check it out.   I say go for it!!  What do you have to lose but pounds!!!   I am glad I did!! I can't wait to see results!!   Good luck on your journey, and add yourself to my friends list so I can keep up with your journey.   Have a blessed day!!
What you believe, you can achieve!!

Most Active