revesion questions?

sheilabryant
on 5/8/07 7:29 pm - chestertown, MD
hello  i had my RNY may 2003 never met goal weight lost about 80 lbs currently weight 264 that is a 20 lb gain . looking into a revision or is it all in my head  feel aweful for even thinking about another procedure. cant afford to take off work . and i know my surgeon in salisbury MD wont do one. however i would like him to do a endo scope just to look around . i feel crazy and not worthy of a revision i mean i feel as though i screwed up the first one  any thoughts or suggestions would be appeciated
schoolbustam
on 5/9/07 10:55 am
Hi I had Open RNY 7/99.  I also never met goal, although I lost 130#.  Was good fr about 2 yrs or so then gaining began.  Now I am also looking into revision and scared to death!!  What if I fail again?  I mean--I failed already once, how embarrassing!!  Now I think I deserve a second shot?  Have been recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Adrenal Fatigue/Failure.  If I were to have revision, they want to do it open again.  I remember the pain--the healing time.  Do I go thru that all again?  Am I worth it?  How long will the revision last?  Will I be hurting my insides more?  What a dilemma!!  I wanted the Lap band but they say they cannot do it over a RNY due to too little tissue.  Write back and tell me your thoughts!! 
Sherry C.
on 5/9/07 6:29 pm - Plainview, TX
See my post to your other question.
                                   Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal              
        John   341/331/163/185            Sherry   345/338/201/165
        John 22 lbs below goal                   Sherry 47 lbs  till goal
 JOHN                                                               Sherry 122 inches lost

Most Active