Lap Band to VG ???

annaliss63
on 4/30/07 3:46 am - Santa Rosa, CA

Hi My name is LIsa and I am new to this sight. I had a Lap Band in May of 05, 3 years now and only lost 33 lbs. I am having surgery on May 7th, next MOnday and am so happy to have found this sight and this forum. Has anyone had this done, and if so, can you tell me if the VG has been successful???? I hope so, the worst for me was the feeling of foods getting stuck as they tried to navigate there way through the band. I just hate it and it hasn't worked. My Dr., Dr. Josart s, seems to think that the VG will be a good solution for me. I really only need to lose 70 lbs or so, I have recently gained weight as I quit smoking and am back up 15 lbs.... Any advice or personal stories would be greatly appreciated. I so want to find someone that has gone through this.....Thanks so much

Lisa

marianb
on 4/30/07 4:11 am - charlotte, NC
VSG on 04/19/07 with
Hey Lisa, i responded to your question on the VSG site. marian
KRWaters
on 4/30/07 11:58 pm - Manteca, CA
Lisa, why don't you join us on the California boards, a great group of people who will be there for you. Sorry I don't have an answer to your question.  Take care and best of luck. Karen
gonemadx3
on 5/7/07 3:13 am - East Peoria, IL

I am currently awaiting approval from my insurance for a revision from lap band to rny. I am actually 12lbs heavier than I was on the day I was banded. I have horrid trouble swallowing and it has caused esophageal diverticulum. My weight is currently 232 and I am 5'6, they say I should be around 135lbs. I am always on here checking out the messages if you ever need to talk!

Michele

annaliss63
on 5/10/07 3:47 am - Santa Rosa, CA
Hi Michelle Good luck to you it is definately worth it. I too ws diagnosed with and esphogeal diverticulum. I am just home from the hospital and in pain but so glad that damn band is out. I will keep in touch with you LIsa
gonemadx3
on 5/10/07 5:30 am - East Peoria, IL

Wonderful!  I am anxious to hear from you as you start this NEW journey!!!

Did you have the same surgeon for both procedures?

Michele

Most Active