Scared

Leigh S.
on 4/21/07 5:05 am - Wysox, PA
Ok..I admit it. I am scared to death to do a revision. I started out at 323, lost to 250, gained 35 pounds back and have started to be really careful about what I eat. I have lost some (according to some scales but not others) but really do not want to continually wonder. The doctors have told me that I would need an endoscopy first to determine if there is an issue involved and then possibly revision, if there is a problem. The thing is, I am scared to have more surgery, not really sure if I want to go through more right now, and just basically do not want to be "monkied" with. I know it is my best interest at least to find out if there is something wrong. Am I terrible for feeling this way? Does anyone have any words of wisdom and advice?
slickgt
on 4/22/07 5:54 am - Bolingbrook, IL
Any surgery carries risk.  In fact, my surgeon told me a revision was a more difficult operation than the original.  However, all I can tell you is that for me, I didn't start this journey not to get to the finish line.  I thank God I am being granted a revision that is paid for by my insurance company.  I had an endoscopy and it was determined that the opening between my pouch and intestines is too big.  Food just passes right through so it never sits in my pouch and consequently, i never feel full.  Only you can make this decision.  Good luck to you! Ed
cheyenne16
on 4/23/07 2:14 am - Post Falls, ID
Read my post about the new revisions they are doing endoscopically.  It could be your answer. Weight regain or failure to lose all your weight is a terrible feeling.  Having more major surgery is scary.  I wish you well. Cheyenne
Most Active