20lbs down from sugery

weightlossdiva
on 4/12/07 9:16 am - Tinley Park, IL
Well I went to the doctor today and 3wks out and i'm down 20lbs so far looking good
Sherry C.
on 4/12/07 8:35 pm - Plainview, TX
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!
                                   Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal              
        John   341/331/163/185            Sherry   345/338/201/165
        John 22 lbs below goal                   Sherry 47 lbs  till goal
 JOHN                                                               Sherry 122 inches lost

Theresa W.
on 4/13/07 4:07 am - Northern Lower, MI
Hello, If you don't mind me asking, what type of WLS did you have initially and what type of revision did you have?  Is there a definite criteria to be allowed to have a revision?  Thanks, Theresa
weightlossdiva
on 4/13/07 4:35 am - Tinley Park, IL
Hi Theresa I don't mind at all.....my first surgery was on 9/27/04 and i had lap rny and it was successful until i blew it....so i went back to the doctor and he was willing to help me again..my revision was done lap rny also he just bypassed more instestines and made my pouch smaller  Tema
Theresa W.
on 4/13/07 4:42 am - Northern Lower, MI

I've just had a significant gain in the last year and have been considering the options....  Did you have weight regain?  Is that what you mean by saying you "blew it"?  I also had the RNY Lap on 12/3/03, and have regained 40 lbs., regrettably.  I'm considering the sclerotherapy to narrow the stoma.  Hoping that will help.  But any details you can give me I'd appreciate!  Congratulations on doing so well with the revision!   Hugs, Theresa

weightlossdiva
on 4/13/07 8:49 am - Tinley Park, IL
I did have regain of 28lbs and didn't want to gain anymore.....i'm not to sure of the different types of procedures in revisions that are out here but i'm sure if you talk to a surgeon they would be able to do the test to determine what would be best.....I hope all goes well with it let me know how it goes have you talked to a surgeon yet or still just thinking about it?
Theresa W.
on 4/13/07 9:55 am - Northern Lower, MI
I have an appt. for a scope on May 11th, and if they find the stoma has stretched, they will do the sclerotherapy to narrow it while they are in there.  It's an outpatient procedure and non-invasive.  I talked to the surgeon about a revision because he does do them, but he said revisions are riskier than the original surgery and he normally does not like to do a revision unless the pouch itself was stretched or some other "problem" with the mechanics of the rny.  He said it's pretty rare for the pouch itself to stretch, but very common for the stoma to stretch, which causes the food to go thru the pouch unusually fast.  So, that's what I have lined up, but I'm just trying to find out as much as I can on all my options.  This is not my original surgeon, but is a very reputable one that many of my friends have used.  He knows his stuff.  I just don't want to gain any more weight.  I know I have a responsibility to myself to get back on track and that is what I am trying to do now.  Nothing is going to be the "miracle cure"...we have to work the tool.  I know that.  It just may be easier if things are working correctly and that's what I'm hoping to do.   Now for my questions again!:-)  Did you say your surgeon repaired your RNY laproscopically?  Was it diffucult for the surgeon to repair it?  Also, did they find that it was done incorrectly the first time, or just not enough malabsorbtion?   Thanks for all your replies!  It helps to talk to someone who's going thru this! Theresa   
weightlossdiva
on 4/13/07 10:37 am - Tinley Park, IL
I have no problem answering ?s so please ask away if i know i will tell you.....there was nothing wrong with the rny and yes my revision was done lap as well my pouch had stretched some and he also wanted more malasorbtion.....it did take longer in the second surgery because they have to do more for some reason....so it was a longer surgery about 4hours.....i had the same surgeon do both of my surgeries and as i said before i blew that first surgery.......but not this one
Theresa W.
on 4/16/07 12:34 am - Northern Lower, MI
Thanks again for answering!  Mmm...I will talk to the surgeon more, once he sees what's going on in there.  I definately don't want to gain all my weight back!  Talk soon, Theresa
luckycat1
on 4/17/07 6:35 am - Cincinnati, OH
congrats on your weight loss--keep it up! good luck on your journey mj
Most Active