Fellow weight loss sister needs our help

Beth G.
on 4/9/07 5:53 am - Pelham, AL
I hope I am not overstepping here in posting this but I felt led to do so.  A fellow surgery patient, Julie Campbell from Alabama (Alabama message board) is in great need.  Julie has suffered major problems since her weight loss surgery.  Julie has had MANY central lines placed and has been on intravenous fluids for hydration and nutrition.  Julie cannot continue to live like this, her opening between her esophagus and pouch is almost completely closed, her intestines have twisting & she has had several correctional surgeries for hernias.   Julie has found a surgeon to revise her surgery but her insurance WILL NOT PAY for it.  Julie must come up with $18,500.00 for surgery.  We have raised approximately $7300.00 dollars for her.  If you want more information or you can help in some small way with a donation please visit Ginas site @ http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/proteinprincess/ I am sorry if I offended anyone but this could just as easily been any of us with these complications after surgery.  Without our help Julie will not be able to have surgery to revise and will not pull through.  The surgeon has said that Julie CANNOT continue to live like this. Thanks for taking the time to read this, Beth George, RN
Most Active