Looking into a revision

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/07 3:49 am - OK
Hi, I'm a 30 year old female that had lap rny surgery 6/16/03 and manage to get down to 169 pounds then went threw a divorce and then got remarried and had a baby 10 months ago on May 25th. I manage to only gain 27 pounds and lost 30 when the baby was born. However i choice to go on the depo one more  time and well in 3 months i gained 40 pounds and after the 3 months i went off. I went on the depo also 2 weeks before surgery and the dr told me to go on something else because it was slowing my weight loss down. Now i am in another state from my surgeon who did my surgery and i got my records the other day and as soon as i get my insurance cards i will be starting the process over with the hopes of having a revision done i so need this surgery. I dont know if i failed or the surgery cause i can do what i am suppose to and the weight just keeps creeping up. I will know when i talk to the surgeon now i do know i have a hiatal hernia because of stomach problems but my old insurance only paid to see a stomach dr. Anyways wish me luck any advise threw this process would be appericative and also if you have any info i might need to perpare for this or to give to my surgeon it would help..

Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/07 1:56 am
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/07 2:06 am - OK
Thanks for replying.. I know how you feel i lost the weight and then gained all this weight after the baby and the depo shot but some is my own fault as well.

And your right surgery isnt what i expected it to be either. I fear every day if i am going to die of some  commlication here i am almost 4 years out

Good luck to you
KRWaters
on 4/12/07 10:05 am - Manteca, CA
Hi, okay, I just saw my surgeon yesterday for my 2 year follow up on my RNY.  I also spoke to him about what to do about my 30 pound weight gain in the last 5 months. He recommended to have the lap band this time. Of course, have to go through the insurance process and before that even do the 6 month diet with a dietician (will be seeing the dietician at my dr's office in a few weeks). I have Secure  Horizons Medicare now. Does anyone know if they cover revisions? I have a feeling they will be hard pressed to approve me 2nd time around. My doc  says that my pouch is stretched. I found out recently that too much milk even 1% is too much for me, that I shouldn't drink it. I never knew that. From day 1, my surgeon's protocol was to have 1 glass of milk a day and then either a 2nd glass or yogurt. By the way, I also learned that you will not lose weight as fast the 2nd time around Karen
Most Active