Consult done!

Sherry C.
on 3/30/07 2:51 am - Plainview, TX
My husband and I had our consult yesterday. My husband's first sugery and me a revision. The surgeon was very nice and informative. He has done 45 revisions this year and all were laps. I had my stapling in 87, lost 100# and gained back 10#s a year and now am 50#s more than the first sugery. I was worried about having anything "open" again and he thinks  there will be no problem w/the lap RNY. I accept all prayers. Thanks in advance for any prayers and thoughts. I am so grateful for this website and message board. People have said since I am a nurse I should know what to do instead of surgery. Ya'll have let me know I am ok wanting a revision. thanks again!!!
                                   Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal              
        John   341/331/163/185            Sherry   345/338/201/165
        John 22 lbs below goal                   Sherry 47 lbs  till goal
 JOHN                                                               Sherry 122 inches lost

weightlossdiva
on 3/30/07 3:35 am, edited 3/30/07 3:35 am - Tinley Park, IL

Hello Sherry and congrats on making that decision to have a revision i wish you and your husband the best .  I just had my revision on March 21st and so far so good....I made a good decision again good luck to the both of you Tema

Sherry C.
on 3/30/07 3:48 am - Plainview, TX
Tema,  thanks for replying. I live in Ft Worth w/my surgeon is in Dallas. You are on your way to wherever you want to  be. My husband just became insulin dependent and high BP. I hope he can get rid of both problems. Thanks again. sherry
                                   Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal              
        John   341/331/163/185            Sherry   345/338/201/165
        John 22 lbs below goal                   Sherry 47 lbs  till goal
 JOHN                                                               Sherry 122 inches lost

KRWaters
on 4/13/07 8:50 am - Manteca, CA
Hi Tema, Please explain  your revision to me, what prompted you to do it, what did you have originally, and what this time? Any insurance hassles to get your revision  approved?.  I am considering going for a revision in 6 months maybe, after my preop 6 month diet. I just saw my surgeon yesterday and he said he will authorize it for me. He said lapband was my best bet and I had RNY the first time 2 years ago. I lost 90 pounds and have put 30 back on in 5 months. I feel like I am missing something as far as usinig my tool correctly. I just don't know what or how to do it right. Karen
weightlossdiva
on 4/13/07 9:04 am - Tinley Park, IL
Hello Karen I first had lap rny on 09/27/04 and lost almost 120lbs only to gain back 28lbs so i went in to see my surgeon and we talked about a revision of the first to make the pouch smaller and bypass more intestines.....after they tested to see how much larger the pouch had gotten we decided a revision would be best for me....My surgeon nor surgery didn't fail I did I didn't use it correctly and ended up gaining weight....I have Medicare and Medicaid so there was no problem with the insurance for me....I hope all goes well for you  Tema
KRWaters
on 4/13/07 4:09 pm - Manteca, CA
Tema, I have Secure Horizons Medicare? Which plan do you have or just straight medicare? Karen
weightlossdiva
on 4/13/07 11:35 pm - Tinley Park, IL
Straight medicare
Most Active