Low iron...

Theresa W.
on 3/28/07 1:32 am - Northern Lower, MI
Hi guys, My iron has always been on the low side since my RNY surgery 3 years ago, but now my new labs came back with pretty low iron numbers, so now it's time to look for a good iron suppliment (again). Took iron for a while but constipation made me think twice about taking it, plus I don't think I was taking the "right" kind for us WLS people. I take two Centrum complete vits a day and 2 Calcium with D a day (separate times). What do you take?? Where do you get them and what's the cost? Thanks for any input!!! Thanks! Theresa
weightlossdiva
on 3/29/07 9:32 pm - Tinley Park, IL
my iron has been low as well since surgery but i get my iron pills from my doctor and it makes a difference i simply take ferrous sulfate 3xs day and it keep me up to part  Tema
Theresa W.
on 3/30/07 1:05 am - Northern Lower, MI
Thanks Tema, I will ask my Dr. about it.  Theresa
cheyenne16
on 4/23/07 2:28 am - Post Falls, ID
Hi Theresa, I've had the same problem with low iron levels.  I have to have iron infusions now and then.  I am now taking Bariatric Advantage chewable Passion fruit flavored iron.  They do not constipate me and are delicious.  I take 4 per day an so far so good.  I am hoping not to have to have infusions again as my insurance will not pay for them.  It's not bad, 30 min. in the Dr.'s office with an IV bag of red iron going in. You can find the iron I take at www.braiatricadvantage.com Each tablet is 29 mg of iron, so I'm taking 116 mg per day. Cheyenne
Most Active