Revision after RYN ???

soccermommie
on 3/27/07 8:46 am - Huber Heights, OH
Hi Everyone , I am 5 years out. I did very will I lost 160lb however I got preg. 5 month after surgery and I ended up getting to a weight of 190 and couldnt lose no more. I am now back up to 225 and its scares me to death. I am so scared that one day i will wake up and be 350lb again . I am to embaress to ask my dr for a revision or even discuss it. I feel like I failed. I have since tried may diets i do well then I get sick from either not eating enough . I also went on weigh****chers stayed at 22 points and gained weight !! How is that possible. I want to lose 75 lb.  I am needing some advise. Please help especailly if you are in the same boat... Thank you so much for taking the time and reading ...
R C
on 3/29/07 1:44 pm - IA

Wow, how interesting!  I am in the same boat!  I gave birth 1/06 after only gaining 35#.  Got up to 200, delivered her and came home @ 181.  I weigh 209 now.   I have been dong low carb for 1 week and lost 6#.  It isn't easy.   My surgeon did mention extending my rny, but who knows if he will.  Have you talked to your surgeon.  I would to see what he says. Good Luck Kourtney

Leigh S.
on 3/30/07 12:55 am - Wysox, PA
Hi. I am 4 yeas out and never really lost the weight I should have lost. In December, I found this site and decided it was time to do something about it. I started out at 323 in 2003 and am now at 248. I obviously have a long way to go. I saw a nutritionist that put me on a "diabetic diet". Since that time, I have lost 40 pounds. It is a lot of work, don't get me wrong. It is just not as severe as I thought it was going to be. I eat. I feel full because I am eating the right foods. I do slip occassionally also. When I hit 289 I knew I had enough!! Maybe talk to a nutritionist and see what advice they have to offer. I thought about a revision but I just do not want to go through more surgery right now. I would like to see that I have the will power to do this myself without surgical intervention. My goal is another 48 pounds by November. Then I will aim for another 20-30 pounds and I feel that I will be happy. Size 4 is not in my future but I can see myself at a 12 or 14. I would talk to someone and see what they have to offer or talk to your dr about a diet and STICK TO IT! I don't care what anyone says-eating nutritionally and exercising is key. You could not have told me that 4 years ago but today, I totally agree! Good luck!
weightlossdiva
on 3/30/07 3:42 am - Tinley Park, IL
I totally agree with the others talk to your doctor and or nutritionist to see what is possible for you they may suggest revision or not...but you have to let them know what your concerns are right now good luck to you on your decision  Tema
blessed1
on 4/3/07 10:11 pm - Pikesville, MD
Hello, I was wondering how are you doing with your revision.  When was your 1st surgery.  The reason I am asking is because I am have a terrible time, and when I mean terrible because I had Rny GBS Aug 2003 and had a revision 10/06 which the surgeon bypass more intestine and made my pouch smaller.  I am exercising and eating right but my weight loss is veryyyyyyyyy minium.  I had second opinions about on my surgical notes and etc.  My 1st post op visit I lost 13 pounds ( 9days) then after that 2-3 pounds a month or so, I really truely gave up. How are you doing with your weight loss.  I have done some research and because your body is really not getting a shock it's not reacting like a original surgery and that makes since but there have to be a way.
weightlossdiva
on 4/3/07 10:39 pm - Tinley Park, IL
Hi there Blessed 1 i'm not sure how it's going so far it's to soon to know anything but i was down almost 15lbs the first week and i'v been loosing like a every 2 or 3 days so i'm happy about it right now...I'll have to see if it works like the first one down the road I'll keep you posted  Tema
cindy_s
on 3/31/07 1:27 am - Canada

Hi all, your combined stories sound like my past. 12 yrs ago I had a VBG (not done anymore) lost about 60lbs. I was a so called lightweight to start - 238lbs. 2 yrs after my VBG had a tummy tuck, looked and felt great - I also was a fitness freak, just as I was in my pre- marital days.  About 5 mo after the TT I new smthg had gone wrong, I no longer had restriction. Went to see surgeon, had upper GI done - band erosion (209lbs). Surgeon did a revision - put band back on - ABSOLUTELY no diff. Almost 10 yrs after that I have gained almost all weight back - am 225lbs.  One yr ago I have decided to resolve my weight issue again - my family doc wants this revised to smthg else. I had to go back to the initial surgeon (the only way they do it here in Can) and finally after 1 yr of dietician counselling and further tests my doc has agreed to do an RNY. He says he will make a shorter loop because I am a lightweight. MY SURGERY IS ON TUESDAY.  I am terrified. Of what - the loop being to short and failing at this - once again! I am mostly upbeat, but can't help to think of past failure. I have a beautiful family, loving and VERY supportive.  I don"t want to fail them either.  Wish me luck! Cindy in Canada

Eleanore Davis
on 4/3/07 10:25 am - Penn Hills, PA
I had  LAP RNY in 2003.  For one week I was as low as 174 lbs.... Started out at 280.  Now I am back up to 220.  I think I would like a revision.  We never would have had surgery in the first place if the conventional weight loss methods worked.  I eat like a PIG and I can't seem to stop.  I need some PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS on my eating because my BRAIN is not telling me the right thing.  My brain keeps saying... I am so DEPRESSED and something sweet would make me forget that at least for the few minutes it is in my mouth.   I have been deeply depressed about this whole weight loss thing.  You put your life on the line for this surgery and it still does not give you results... well, it does for some people but there sure are a lot of us who it does NOT work for properly.   I wonder if I should go back to my original surgeon... who I was not happy with in the beginning anyway.... or should I try someone else?
KRWaters
on 4/12/07 9:57 am - Manteca, CA
Wow, my problem exactly. I lost 90 pounds by 8 months out from my original RNY. In the last 5 months have gained back 30. Am 2 years postop now. I saw my original surgeon yesterday. He says he would gladly do a lap band on me if I so desired. Still have to do a 6 month diet supervised (going to see h is dietician in a few weeks). Still have to go through the insurance process (what a drag that can be)j. I don't know if I will get approved. I have Secure Horizons Medicare now. Does anyone know if they are stickler? I had medi-cal originally and they paid for e v e r y t h i n g. Wish I could still have it, huh. I would definitely go back to yur surgeon with your head hung low and beg for mercy. He may be able to help you.  There were some other choices for him to do like get a silastic ring and redo the pouch as he says it sounds as if my pouch is stressed by the cottage cheese test. But that is more chance for leakage and more chance of death. Also he could revise the intestines again, but that is not so safe either. Karen
Most Active