Anyone use Dr. Baker in Grand Rapids, MI?

Theresa W.
on 3/27/07 4:34 am - Northern Lower, MI
Hello all!  I'm probably driving you all crazy on here  with all my questions lately!  Just wondering if anyone had gone to Dr. Randal Baker at MMPC in Grand Rapids MI for a revision?  Thanks again!  Theresa
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/07 8:19 am - Denver, CO

Hi Theresa No, I haven't had Dr. Baker, but I am currently persuing a revision with Dr. Foote, his associate.  I had a "band" 14 years ago with a surgeon Dr. Molina in Houston Texas who was one of the very few doing a band back then.  100's of people from Michigan went there, including 5 members of my family.  We all initially lst weight (me 100+ lbs), but have since gained it all back.  I'm like many on this site who's WLS was effectively only intially and then spent years back at the old "diets".  I did loose 60 lbs a couple of years ago on Atkins and went and had the tummy tuck, breasts, arms, it all. But . . .  now I am back close to my all time high.  I am looking at revision and am scheduled to see Dr. Foote in a week.  I thought the insurance would laugh at me, but they didn't and gave me an authorization in one week for the comprehensive exam.  I think it is because I have developed really severe GERD and the dr. who did the scopes & BRAVO said I need surgery to fix it, including taking the band off. After reading for hours and hours on this site, I really think I want a DS and not a RNY.  I have seen almost 0 people unhappy with their DS and many are with their RNY - like you.  I briefly talked to Dr. Foote at orientation and he recommended the RNY for reflex, but I am going to push for the DS. Everything I have read has loved Dr. Baker, and Dr. Foote is his protegee.  He is also the only one at MMPC who does the DS. Good luck to you and if you want more update after I see Dr. Foote on the 9th just let me know. Nancy

Theresa W.
on 3/31/07 1:29 am - Northern Lower, MI
Yes Nancy, I'd love to hear how your appt. goes!  My appt. is on the 6th, Good Friday.  I initially was to see Dr. Foote, and then after questioning the sclerotherapy, they referred me to Dr. Baker.  I figure they are all good there.  I've heard nothing but good for both surgeons.  I anxious to see if something can be done.  I really don't want a band, and I'm unsure about the sclero.  But does sound like the least-invasive, but I don't want to fool around with something and have it not work again.  We'll see....hopefully I'll get some answers next Friday.   Thanks Nancy, and keep me posted on how you do...I will do the same! Theresa
Most Active