I had a so called Revision on 2-28-07...HELP

reneewaters
on 3/26/07 5:48 am - Lake wee, NC
I had my frist surgery on 7/2002 I lost 167.5 pounds then last year i started to gain up over 50 pounds back. Had tests done my stomach was large and i had a 2 or 3 inch peice of intestines hanging over. So the same Dr went back in.. made me a really small pouch and took that little peice off.  I feel great I just want to know if anyone else has been like this and how much did or can you lose. It's almost a month  as of this Wed and I have only lost 9 POUNDS???? Help...... walking 30min a day for 5 days plus weights
blessed1
on 3/27/07 12:15 am - Pikesville, MD
I can relate.   I believe since our body was use to taking in the small amout of food already there was no drastic change like the change when we had our original surgery.  I am hoping the body is taking a extra long time in adjusting because I had revised GBP 10/27 and I don't see or feel a drastic change (5 month out).  I have talked to other surgeons for 2nd opinions and all.  I had my pouch smaller and my intestine distal 200cm, so It's not me.
Proud Military Mom
on 3/29/07 9:13 am - Reno, NV
I am currently working on my revision, not so much due to weight gain but the potential is there based on what my surgeon has said, I initially went to him for my hiatal hernia, and during testing for that they discovered my pouch is pretty big which he thinks is why I didnt reach my goal. My new surgeon feels the first one didnt make my pouch small enough to begin with.. So instead of waiting to gain weight he's going to revise it while he's fixing the hernia.  Ok now that i am done with my explination i was told unless you have a drastic amount of weight to lose again you will lose slowly.  So 9lbs gone is better than 9lbs gained.. IMO.  Up your exercise make sure its at a rate that your heart rate is increasing to a level it should and make sure your drinking your water :)  Debby

If you can't stand behind the troops... stand in front of them... PLEASE!

reneewaters
on 3/29/07 2:34 pm - Lake wee, NC
Debby,  I hope your surgery will go great and you have no problems.. Good luck and God bless I will up my exercise in the morning and hope this helps..  Thanks Renee
weightlossdiva
on 3/29/07 2:21 pm - Tinley Park, IL

Hello all I just had my revision on March 21st and i'm hoping that this will work for me a second time around although it reading the post it don't sound to good is there anyone who has had a successful revision please advise

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/1/07 1:49 am, edited 4/1/07 1:51 am
I understand that second time around patients don't lose as quickly as 1st timers (virgins), but the advantages to getting a DS as the 2nd surgery outweigh the frustration. From what I have read there is no weight gain from DS. So hang in there.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active