little update on my revision!

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/07 7:42 am - Trail, Canada
I'm almost 5 months post op now and just thought I'd write in and say how I was doing.  Just seems crazy that so much time has passed already... but then at the same time, it seems like years have past.  I'll be honest, I have a lot more pain now than I did before... suposedly its due to my body just trying to adjust, but... we'll see.  Gotta be pain free sometime!  I weighed myself this morning and I was officially down 100 pounds.  Totally crazy, but... exciting and unreal.  I never lost after my first surgery so seeing the scale move liket his... I just dont get it.  I can see some differences in how I look, but its others that tend to see the most changes.  I'm at the pool 4-6 times a week, the gym 2-3 times and then I have a job where I do a lot of heavy outdoor work... and all together its keeping me and the scale going in the right direction. I'm eating almost normally, just keeping several items out of my diet, which is hard, but I'm happy to see the scale move and just keep reminding myself why I am doing this. I hope that more revision post ops post their updates.  It really does help when still waiting to hear of others suceeding.  I dont know what I would have done if I didn't come across the board when I did
Theresa W.
on 3/25/07 6:10 am - Northern Lower, MI
Congratulations on your success!  What type of WLS did you have in the first place and which revision did you choose to have?  Just curious, because I am looking into a revision myself.  Thanks for any input!  Theresa
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/07 6:22 am - Trail, Canada

I'm a more unique revision case.  When I had my original surgery, I had the RNY... or so I thought. But I lost NOTHING.  5 years later I saw my new surgeon, he determined I didn't have the RNY.  So he was under the assumption I had the VBG.  During surgery, he found out I DID have the RNY, but it was done incorrectly. So, with my revision, he just fixed my pouch and a few other minor issues. Nothing alone the lines of getting 'another wls' but... whatever he did got my original surgery working again.

Thanks though.  Just be sure more surgery is for you. Watch wht you eat and the ammount of excersize. It could be something pretty simple to fix before going under the knife again. keep a detaled diet log, even down to the teaspon of mayo.  read lables. I'm terrified by some of the foods I eat and what they contain.  lots in my support group(s) have gained 20+ back only to realize they started slacking and when they went back to watching, it evened back out

ItalianMomma
on 3/25/07 11:25 am - Pell City, AL
So happy for you and glad things are going well.  I am scheduled for a revision April 10 and all of a sudden I am freaking out.  I had a stomach staple in the 80's and as most others, it never worked.  I have found or rather referred to Dr Scott Pennington in Birmingham Al.  My gastro dr sent me to him. After having barretts esophagus and having biopsys once a year I asked about revision since I am at 253 and 30 pounds more than originally.  Has anyone had a revision from the 80's staple and was it done open or lap, also this is to be RNY, Dr Pennington said he was confident that he could do it laprascopy.
janicel
on 3/27/07 4:13 am - Dunedin, FL
I had VBG in the 80's and lost lots of weight but over the years gained it all back and then some. In Feb 05 I had a revision to the RNY. In the first 8 months I lost about 100 lbs then hit a wall after I became ill (unrelated to WLS) and didn't lose anymore. I've been able to maintain the 100 lbs loss but just can't seem to lose anymore. I currently weigh about 180 but would love to get to 160. I probably consume about 1400 to 1800 cal a day and work out several times a week to maintain at 180. If I don't lose more that will be OK I'll be happy just to maintain. Yes I would do it again!
Sherry C.
on 3/30/07 2:14 am - Plainview, TX

My husband and I had our consult yesterday, him for first time and me a revision. I had stapling in 87 and the surgeon I am going to ahs done 45 revisions this year and has done them all laporscopically, so stay hopefull. Prayers w/you. Oh and my first was open and I did not think I could go through that again either.

tgirl77
on 3/25/07 1:12 pm - KY
Hello, I too had rny about 5 years ago and never lost all of my wieght. When I went to a new doctor about a revision he found out that my stomach had not been completely transected. I was just wandering if this was the case for you. I am scheduled for surgery April 26th and I hope my results are like yours!!! Congratulations on the loss!!! Tracie
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/07 1:22 pm - Trail, Canada
that part of the reason for my first surgery failing, along with a couple ohter reasons,  by pass being connected wrong.  Its crazy... but whatever they did... It worked! Its exciting, unreal and terrifying all at the same time. I just hope to keep losing
weightlossdiva
on 3/29/07 2:30 pm - Tinley Park, IL
Hello and congrats on the weight loss this is some fantastic news as I just underwent a revision last week on March 21st and i'm looking for some great results as well good luck on your continued loss  Tema
Most Active