I made a mistake!

swtxgal66
on 3/6/07 11:12 am - Spring, TX
Does anyone know if Insurance will pay for RNY after they have already paid for Lap Band? How long  do you have to wait?  I may be able to private pay for it but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with getting this covered and I was also wondering if I do private pay how long I would need to wait to have the surgery. I recently got the band.

My band was removed due to a slip and replaced 7/3/08

cajungirl
on 3/8/07 1:43 am
Hi, there are many previous lab band patients that revise to the RNY or DS because the band didn't work for them (for whatever reason). You are a new post-op though, give your band some time please before you become to agressive in choosing to revise.  A revision is a much more technical surgery to perform with high risk of complications and should only be considered when absolutely necessary. Have had any fills yet?  It takes some time for restiction to be reached with the band. Try to relax and work the band for now......it might just work for you. Dana

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

cward2001
on 3/9/07 2:06 pm - TN
You're about 4 weeks post-op, right?  Why do you feel that you've made a mistake already?  You probably haven't had a fill and even if you'd had the 1st one, it usually takes several before you feel restriction.  And up until that time, your band is essentially just there...not helping you much. I've been banded a bit over a year.  My original goal weight was 175 (started at 259) and I now weigh 172.  I've since changed my goal to 155. :)  The band can and does work if you give it time and work with it. Cindy 
spotty_dotty
on 3/12/07 7:37 am - Birmingham, UK

Oh gosh you have barely been banded a month I really would give it some time? What has made you think you have made a mistake? I am two years post band op and I am having it removed but I really would urge you to give the band some more time.

mitcha
on 3/15/07 5:40 am
I was just wondering why you think you have made a mistake?
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/07 2:55 am - Brampton, Canada
How can you tell when you have just gotten the band that it is a mistake?  Did you not research this surgery at all?  I would suggest you talk to your doctor to understand your emotional reasoning. Donna Stomach Stapling/87 Revised To Lapband/06
jennikate
on 3/16/07 11:00 pm - shoreline, CT
RNY on 08/13/07 with
Hi, I don't really know the answers to your questions....but I think you should call the psychologist affiliated with your surgeon and make an appt.  After reading your profile, I think that it would be helpful for you to talk to someone about your food issues and having realistic expectations about what the lap band can and cannot do.  It's a tool and won't solve long-term problems by itself.  I hope you don't think I'm being preachy, it just doesn't sound like you're in a good place. Jen

HW/SW/CW/GW

240/229/142.5/129

Tracy37
on 3/21/07 1:40 pm - Richmond, VA
I  am  just  curious  what  problems  so  bad  after  only  one month  with  the  Lap  Band  to  seek  a  longer surgery  time  on  operating  table  more  invasive  surgery  when  most  lap  band people  try  to  avoid  this  at  all  costs?   I  would  suggest  you  try  to  give  yrself  some  mre  time  to  think  about  this..  Lap  Band  teaches  you  how  to  eat  vs  RNY  is  a  risky  operation  and  it  has  alot of  medicla  problems  assoc.  with it..all  you  have  to  do  is  take a look  at  the  memorial  page

"Happiness is nothing more  than good Health and a Bad Memory."
~ Albert Schweitzer~

Most Active