Need Help-Gotta question

tgirl77
on 3/4/07 1:45 am - KY
Ok, I had open RNY in 2001, and scheduled for a revision on April 26th, but I don't know yet what exactly my doctor plans on doing. His nurse said that he would go over all of that on my pre-op date, but I was just wondering if anyone knew what was standard or just any input about it. Also, I have heard that with a revision you lose at a slower rate, not like the first time-how true is this? Tracie
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/07 7:24 am - TX

Not trying to evade the question but that would depend on what type of revision he's going to do.  I'm sure he will explain it to you and if there is something you don't understand, ask him to explain it again.

I'm a revision and I don't think I'm losing slower than first time weight loss patients.  Maybe not as quickly as some, but surely faster than others.  I, too have heard that revisions lose slower,  perhaps because my RNY was so many years ago when it broke?  I don't know.  Just as long as it comes off, losing slower isn't that big a deal. (to me)

luckycat1
on 3/5/07 7:31 am - Cincinnati, OH
I had a revision from stomach stapling to rny/fobi pouch march of last year.  the 1st time around I lost about 100 pounds (got no where near goal) gained a but 20 pounds back--my staple line blew so it was loike I never had surgery done.  so far I have lost 174 lbs and I am stil losing.  after my doctor got the results of my uper gi and endoscopy he told me what he would probably do but that could change once he got in. he added  fobi pouch he originally only intended to do just rny but since I had already had one surgery he descided to give me a little more security.  he also made my pouch smaller then he normally does.  I am a year out and can still only eat 2- 3 oz at a time.
Most Active