Stomach Staple Revision

Paula Chapman
on 2/19/07 7:17 am - Midvale, UT
Hi All Remember the Stomach Staple they did in the early 80's?  Well I had one and need a revision to a DS.  Anyone know a Dr. who has experience with that particular revision? Thanks for any help you can give me! Paula
Mary *.
on 2/19/07 8:32 am - TX
Hello Paula, Sorry, I can't help you with a DS surgeon. I just wanted to wish you well with your revision. I was revised from a VBG (1995) to Lap RNY 11-02-2006. It was the best decision I ever made. I hope your revision works out as well for you.  Best of luck, Mary
Mary

shar S.
on 2/19/07 1:30 pm - Buffalo Grove, IL
I had my stomach stapled in 1982. I am going for a revision to a RNY 6 weeks. Dr. Alverdy at University of Chicago is one doc who will do the DS.  Good luck tyou

Create Your Own Ticker

Klassy -N- Sassy
on 3/3/07 12:36 am - belleville, MI
what is DS?
I'm Every Woman STILL doing my thang.......Kelly 
Glitter GraphicsMyspace Text Generator, Myspace GraphicsMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace, Myspace CodesMyspace Text Generator, Myspace GraphicsMyspace BackgroundsMyspace CodesMyspace Codes
  klassycentury.gif picture by kpriestly SUCCESS IS ONLY REWARDED  WHEN YOU DON'T GIVE UP TRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/3/07 10:18 am - TX

Paula, have you called Dr. Husted?  He really is an expert on revisions.  Many surgeons send their revision patients to him.

http://www.lapsf.com/

Paula Chapman
on 3/3/07 10:44 am - Midvale, UT
Thanks so much Starry.  I will give him a call this week
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/07 7:21 am - TX
You are welcome.  Let me know how things go for you.
lovinglifevegas
on 3/22/07 4:11 pm - NV
I am also having a revision done after stapling in 99. Are you set on the DS? If not, I would highly suggest Dr. Robin Blackstone of Scottsdale Bariatric. or Dr. James Atkinson here in Las Vegas. Both are very, very familiar w/ revisions and can do 99% of them laprascopically, which is so great not to have to be opened up again.  Good luck to you. I know how hard it is to make the decision to go around a second time.  Shana
ItalianMomma
on 3/25/07 11:42 am - Pell City, AL
Hi,  We are in the same boat!  I had the stomach staple in the early 80's also.  The o ring had to be removed from tearing away due to getting pregnant and excessive vomiting.   Now I weigh 30 pounds more than in the beginning and I am at 253.  I am scheduled for RNY (which will be a revision from the staple)  Dr Scott Pennington is doing mine.  He is in Birmingham Alabama. I have a biopsy done every year for barretts esophagus and my gastro doctor referred me to him. He said he is the best at revisions.  As of now I am freaking out.  So afraid of being another failure. I am 54 and feel so old.  Looking forward to being able to move easily again without my back hurting and just plain feeling bad all the time.  Dr Pennington said he felt confident he could do it without opening me up again.  I have had many test including upper GI.  Wish me luck and courage.  Can't figure out why I am so scared this time.  If I can get any info for you, I will be glad to. Take care, Karen In Alabama  
Most Active