Rate of weight loss after revision

WIBlueyes
on 1/30/07 8:10 pm - Milwaukee, WI

Good Morning OH Family! I have a question. I have read on here, not sure which board it was, but that people who have had a revision tend to lose weight more slowly then those who had the surgery the first time around.  My question is why?  I go in 13 days for my revision from a VBG to a RNY and my surgeon informed me that I won't be slow at all and that I would probably lose 100 pounds the first 6 months and then I'd have the bit slower rate with the remaining 40 pounds.  I'm just curious if its because when you have the revision do they not touch your current pouch?  Just had to ask.

Have a great Polar Bearday!  

Take Care 
Michelle (WIBlueyes)

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/07 8:41 pm - TX

I'm losing at the same rate as other first timers with my revision to the DS.  I've heard the same thing but don't know the answer to this question.  If I were you, I'd check out the DS before having a revision to the RNY.  Read my profile to find out my reasons.

Good luck 

luckycat1
on 2/6/07 8:46 am - Cincinnati, OH
good luck on your surgery.  I jad a revision from vbs to rny last march.   I am down 171 lbs.  one pound under my doctor's goal and 19 from my 1st goal. good luck again
(deactivated member)
on 2/8/07 5:25 am - Brampton, Canada
Hi I never heard that but I did know that I would lose weight at a slower healthier rate when I got my lapband after having had stomach stapling (VBG) 20 yrs ago.  I was banded last April 18th at 250 and as of today am at 182 and losing roughly 2 lbs. a week. Donna
Most Active