i had the endoscopic gastric bypass repair in boston

slow and steady
on 1/30/07 12:43 am - MA
Hi all,  I had the procedure on 1/17.  So far on protein drinks  I have lost 12 lbs.   I hope to lose more,  I was a little sick from the anesthesia, but not too bad.  I am not sure if my insurance company is going to cover.  Say a prayer for me. I will keep you posted as to my results.   I am already feeling the restriction with jello and if I drink too fast.
Goldie221
on 2/2/07 1:26 pm

Hi, I had the rny gastric bypass surgery in 2003... I weigh 214, and originally 280... I think I need a revision... I talk to the bariatric doctor the other day.. I have a silastric ring on my pouch.. I go for an endoscopy, colonoscopy, and upper gi to determine... what's going on...

Why did they do a revision on you?

slow and steady
on 2/4/07 12:16 am - MA
Hi, I had very slow weight loss... stopped pretty much after 6 months. my stoma was 20 mm s/b 10 mm .  thompson closed it to 8mm. I definately feel the restriction. good luck!
christineLyon.Vancouv
er

on 2/4/07 3:09 am - lyon, France

i post for a friend of mine, would you explain to me what your csurgeon have close at 8 MM ?? 

thanks in advance

Reglette regime
slow and steady
on 2/4/07 4:08 am - MA
Hi,  I am not sure what a Csurgeon is ?   But the opening between the stomach and jeujenum s/b at least 10 mm.  The average.   My stoma was 20 mm.  Food was not staying in the pouch long enough.  With the endo procedure, the stoma was closed to 8mm, there fore keeping stomach contents in stomach longer.   I dont feel hungry as quickly.  i hope that helps. 
christineLyon.Vancouv
er

on 2/4/07 7:46 am - lyon, France

thank you for your answer , i search solutions for a french support group of by pass , the older girls with bypass begin to regain weight slowly by slowly and worried about the future :(

if your surgeon have an internet site, or if possible the name of your surgeon and the name of the technics

and if you have some links in french ;) i guess you are welcome for a next trip to france !

<> 

<>i wish you the best whith your new surgery

<>                                  cheers 

Reglette regime
slow and steady
on 2/4/07 8:26 am - MA

http://www.brighamandwomens.org/gastroenterology/gastricbypa ss.aspx Christine, I believe Dr. Thompson is the only MD who does the repair endoscopically.  Did you just have the surgery?   I am not sure what is available in France.  There are many approaches to revision if you need one.  You just had your surgery correct?  You probably dont need one now.   Alot of people put a lap band over the existing pouch.    I think if you just had the surgery you probably will not have to have a revision this soon.

I wish you the best of luck~

christineLyon.Vancouv
er

on 2/5/07 7:21 pm - lyon, France

thank you for your concern, actually i am very happy whith my sleeve and the result  ;)

i am a member of a support group, with many happy result with the by pass, but, one close friend of mine, no weight loss,  she is hungry and she can eat a lot more than other people with by pass....

do you have the feeling of being less hungrier with your revision ?

many friends of my french support group has the band before the by pass and when you say ...lap band, they begin to throw ;))

i thanks god for all the people like you, who take time to answer to our question,  especially for our, from france, the gastric surgery is a new think and we have to do all the research by ourselves

thank you again 

Reglette regime
plumdumb
on 2/6/07 10:08 pm - MA
What is the benefit to having the revision performed endoscopically instead of laparoscopically? If the original procedure (i.e. RNY) was performed laparoscopically, would that preclude a revision being done in the same manner?
slow and steady
on 2/7/07 2:25 am - MA
hi PlumbDumb, if you look at the link above to brigham and womens it explains the procedure.  I hope that helps. 
Most Active