Introducing myself

Jens2ndchance
on 1/29/07 12:31 pm
Hello, I have been reading everything I can about revisions and the DS surgery.  I had my original surgery (micropouch RNY) in July of 2003.  My BMI was 61.  I lost 150 pounds in 8 months and then another 20 after having a baby 17 months out.  My lowest weight was 182 but I was only there for a minute.  In the last 4 months I have gained 30 pounds.  I think I am about 220 now with a BMI of about 38.  I have an enlarged stoma and feel hungry all the time.  If I follow an Atkins type diet and eat 1200 calories a day I can lose about 4 pounds a month but I feel like I am starving all the time and like before WLS I am yo yo dieting.   I want to be honest here and say that I have had trouble on another board with people telling me that all I have to do is follow the pouch rules and I will lose weight.  If it were that easy I don't think a lot of us would be obese in the first place.  My surgery center has now disbanded and at my last appointment I was told to diet and exercise.  I am hoping to find a forum on this website that offers encouragement and not judgement.   I have an appointment with Dr. Hares in Madison Heights, MI on the 13th of February.  What can I expect at this first appointment if anyone knows.  I have heard that because of my enlarged stoma and possible intestinal fissues (growth between new and old stomach) that it should be covered.  I have had chronic constipation issues since about 3 months out so I am not too worried about the side effects of the DS.  In fact I would welcome a change from the constipation. I hope to get to know you all better.  I have been to the DS forum too but there are very few revisions there. Jennifer
Ms. Cal Culator
on 1/31/07 4:05 am - Tuvalu
Jennifer, I think there are several of us band-to-Ds revison folks on the DS board.  Try again. Sue http://obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/a,messageboard/board_id,5357/
(deactivated member)
on 2/1/07 8:38 pm - TX

From all accounts I hear, people just absolutely love Dr. Hares and his nurse, Jackie.

Please come to the DS board and read my profile to find out why I chose the DS for my revision from failed RNY. 

Most Active